Gp32 Dreamcast Link Cable

There is a prototype, but they are working (albeit slowly) on a faster cable to make it worthwhile.

I'd say it's going to be a while until anything ever is produced, if anything is at all.

Dozer posted on Sep 1 2004 at 01:03 PM said:
There is a prototype, but they are working (albeit slowly) on a faster cable to make it worthwhile.

I'd say it's going to be a while until anything ever is produced, if anything is at all.

Yepp, things are going slowly but good. I really can't wait until we have a new working prototype, you'll find out for sure when the time has come. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the Dreamcast and GP32 are now some kind of open source gaming platforms, we thought of bringing two neat scenes together, plus there are a few features which could be realized due it:

* Trade savegames (e.g. ScummVM, various emulators)
* Stream music on the DC from the GP32-SMC (or copy MP3s from one machine to the other)
* Use the GP32-SMC as extra disk space or RAM for DC games (or realize emulators like NeoGeo through it)
* When there will be a linkcable feature in future release for Linux for DC and GP32: Save written documents, DC savegames etc. on the GP32-SMC
* In future games: Features like the GC-GBA thingy has (download mini games on the GP32 etc.)
* Use the GP32 as a second screen for DC games
* __________________ (add or own idea)

As you can see, your imagination counts and what the scenes are willing to do with it.

Max posted on Sep 2 2004 at 08:07 AM said:
Because the Dreamcast and GP32 are now some kind of open source gaming platforms, we thought of bringing two neat scenes together, plus there are a few features which could be realized due it:

* Trade savegames (e.g. ScummVM, various emulators)
* Stream music on the DC from the GP32-SMC (or copy MP3s from one machine to the other)
* Use the GP32-SMC as extra disk space or RAM for DC games (or realize emulators like NeoGeo through it)
* When there will be a linkcable feature in future release for Linux for DC and GP32: Save written documents, DC savegames etc. on the GP32-SMC
* In future games: Features like the GC-GBA thingy has (download mini games on the GP32 etc.)
* Use the GP32 as a second screen for DC games
* __________________ (add or own idea)

As you can see, your imagination counts and what the scenes are willing to do with it.

Is there any diagrams for this, and will it be possible to make a home made one? :D

No, we don't release a diagram of it. Anyway, we'll produce it a several hundred times and sell it for a real good price, if you want to make one by yourself, keep in mind that it will cost four to five times more than the official one (the parts for our first prototype cost more than 40 Euros).

Max posted on Sep 2 2004 at 08:58 PM said:
Errr... dunno, we're using US$ for internal calculations, but it won't be more than US$ 20.

Cool, I think I will be buying one :D

Back