Yepp, things are going slowly but good. I really can't wait until we have a new working prototype, you'll find out for sure when the time has come.Dozer posted on Sep 1 2004 at 01:03 PM said:There is a prototype, but they are working (albeit slowly) on a faster cable to make it worthwhile.
I'd say it's going to be a while until anything ever is produced, if anything is at all.
Is there any diagrams for this, and will it be possible to make a home made one?Max posted on Sep 2 2004 at 08:07 AM said:Because the Dreamcast and GP32 are now some kind of open source gaming platforms, we thought of bringing two neat scenes together, plus there are a few features which could be realized due it:
* Trade savegames (e.g. ScummVM, various emulators)
* Stream music on the DC from the GP32-SMC (or copy MP3s from one machine to the other)
* Use the GP32-SMC as extra disk space or RAM for DC games (or realize emulators like NeoGeo through it)
* When there will be a linkcable feature in future release for Linux for DC and GP32: Save written documents, DC savegames etc. on the GP32-SMC
* In future games: Features like the GC-GBA thingy has (download mini games on the GP32 etc.)
* Use the GP32 as a second screen for DC games
* __________________ (add or own idea)
As you can see, your imagination counts and what the scenes are willing to do with it.
To be honest, I dunno. I expect that we're talking to the production factory end of this year.xboxit posted on Sep 2 2004 at 09:04 PM said:Thanx, when can we be expecting it.