SEGA and GAMEPARK any connection

saracen

Still Fresh
Hi there,
Was just wondering if Gamepark has or had a connection with SEGA.
The logo on the SEGA dreamcast is circular spiral and gamepark's is a square spiral.
The Colours of a GP32 are similar to the Dreamcast.
A GP32 to Dreamcast link is available.
Maybe SEGA want to test the water before releasing a new hand held game platform.
It wouldn't be the first time this sort of thing has been done. Atari set up another company a few years or so after they started can't remeber the name though and then re-merged again sometime later.

dont think so... but would be cool, cause if... then they would have enough money for everything.. and also some great sega titles would appear on it

Kee Games, you're thinking of.

they were pretending to be their own competition. (to drive up sales)

I sincerely doubt Gamepark and Sega have any connection though..

Sonic-NKT posted on Dec 15 2003 at 10:00 PM said:
dont think so... but would be cool, cause if... then they would have enough money for everything.. and also some great sega titles would appear on it
No this would not be cool, with Segas reputation of abandonment of its systems, this would be a major mistake. It would be cool for about 3 months then all of a sudden it would just disappear into the dark abyss.

Last edited by a moderator:
The logo on the SEGA dreamcast is circular spiral and gamepark's is a square spiral.
The Colours of a GP32 are similar to the Dreamcast.

DC_logo2.GIF

main_logo.gif

The Dreamcast swirl is more red than the orange GamePark logo. But this doesn't mean that there's a connection.

A GP32 to Dreamcast link is available.

Not licenced by Sega and / or GamePark.

After all, Sega is a Japanese multiplatform developer and GamePark is a Korean handheld producer with an attribute for mobile gaming. Nothing more, nothing less.

But I have to admit that if the GP32 had been released earlier it would be much better if Sega and GamePark had an agreement, and not SNK with it's NeoGeo Pocket.

if a european release ever goes through, will it have a blue square swirl thingy? (squirl? :p ) I guess that's the only way this theory would be proved true...it's pretty far fetched. I doubt sega looked twice at the GP32, and their only real connections are homebrew communities. The similarity between the logos is probably due to the DC logo being rather unrelated to the system, it was just a squiggle they invented (as opposed to the N cube logo, the G cube logo, that wierd 3D PS logo... - it helps having some kind of device that stands out. That's my story...

Back