Gp2xmess 0.13 Released

telengard

Certified Guru
Website
users.adelphia.net
I've just updated gp2xmess to version 0.13. Not a ton in this release but I fixed the annoying virtual keyboard crash bug so now a lot more games should be playable on systems that use the vkeyboard. This includes Orgeon Trail and Shadowkeep. :)

I also did some performance tweaking of the apple ][ drivers and they now run at around 75% (default fs) compared to the previous release of around 50% or so.

A few more features were added which are mentioned in the CHANGELOG.

http://users.adelphia.net/~bsturk/gp2x.html

Ah, that's better ... many thanks once again.

Having trouble (surprise, eh?) .. the TI emu will mount a floppy disk, but not load it. "I/O ERROR 50"

I'll try again once I get some free time later. :)

DARKGATE said:
:huh: I Dont understand, but the games of EMERSON ARCADIA, don't work.
Hi Darkgate,

Unfortunately I have no experience with that system so I really couldn't tell if things worked or not. I got clean video and sound so to me that is at least partially working. I couldn't figure out the controls so that's as far as I got. I enabled support in the hopes that people like you who know the system could help me out. :)

So when you say they don't work, what exactly isn't working? This will help me in trying to fix it.

Also, for those interested, I've fixed some bugs in the odyssey2 driver and now some 4k carts work. I will be submitting these to the mess team for inclusion. I know o2em is much better in it's emulation but I wanted to learn how the emulator worked and it has been fun trying to figure out stuff.

~telengard

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!!!!

Well folks, after 25+ years away from my first "PC", I got a test program, all 2 lines of code, up and running on the TI-99/4A emulator! My joy and happiness in indescribable!

Thanks again Telengard, you made me a very happy chappy!!! :D

TelcoLou said:
Nice!!!!

Well folks, after 25+ years away from my first "PC", I got a test program, all 2 lines of code, up and running on the TI-99/4A emulator! My joy and happiness in indescribable!

Thanks again Telengard, you made me a very happy chappy!!! :D
Haha awesome!

Glad you are doing some BASIC programming. :)

Here's my 2 liner:

10 PRINT "TI99/4A programming is fun!"
20 GOTO 10
RUN

~telengard

:D

The only wrench in the works is how I'm going to distribute my finished work ...

In order to get my saved program to run, I needed to mount the Extended Basic cart (3 parts), and fweb501 in dsk1's slot. I used Fweb501's interface to launch the program.

Seeing as the EX Basic cart images are proprietary, how en-ethical would it be if I were to include all the needed files in my finished package?

Hey Telengard, thanks for releasing this! I did not see it on the emulation section and posted a reply there... thanks a lot for fixing this!

~gates

Sorry but how come I did not see this in the download section of the file archive? It still has v0.12?!

~gates

gates007 said:
Hey Telengard, thanks for releasing this! I did not see it on the emulation section and posted a reply there... thanks a lot for fixing this!

~gates

Sorry but how come I did not see this in the download section of the file archive? It still has v0.12?!

~gates
Use telengard's link in the first post, it has the latest version.

Back