Gp2xengine

All of the games I play on this thing seem to run at a reduced screen size (with bars at iether side). Is this the PAL/NTSC difference doing this or is it the same with every game played?

This is the native resolution i think for most games, but some games are full screen, try R-Type or Sidearms. Pal and ntsc differences are in the horizontal lines, so you would get bars at the top and bottom.

Is "DraculaX" playable or any other Pc-Engine CD game?
or only hu-card versions...

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have to grab it then. I've been looking forward to giving it a spin but I've been waiting till I didn't need to overclock to do it. Sounds like a good time to jump in.

I might have to grab it then. I've been looking forward to giving it a spin but I've been waiting till I didn't need to overclock to do it. Sounds like a good time to jump in.

the "overclock" is built into the emu and i find just a 10% increase to 220 (the first) clock setting plays games full speed in my eyes.

whats the point of being able to increase the clock speed if you dont use it?
whats the point of buying rechargeable batteries if you dont use them?

now its time for another game of bomberman '94

if the overclock was built into the emu and hidden away, no one would ever know and just comment on what a great emu it is already
:)

Too much frameskip and sometimes i find the emualtor doesnt run at the correct speed ( this is with overclock). As i said it need NO frameskip for it to be "perfect". This could be the best emulator with the amount of good games the engine has.

the "overclock" is built into the emu and i find just a 10% increase to 220 (the first) clock setting plays games full speed in my eyes.

if the overclock was built into the emu and hidden away, no one would ever know and just comment on what a great emu it is already

Battery life is shit at 200 MHz. Having to overclock to 220 MHz is ridiculous for a PCEngine emu. It ran smoother on the GP32 at only *166 MHz* and the Zodiac at *192 MHz* why does this need so much more power?

Ok, screw it then. I'll wait.

To increase it when I use an emu that's really pushing the machine, like NeoGeo MVS or SNES. PC Engine shouldn't be pushing the 2X THAT hard considering how well I've heard it ran on the GP32.

At 200MHz, I can just barely get through a 9 hour work day playing DrMD with two sets of batteries. If I have to overclock it then that cuts into that time. I think I'll just stick with DrMD in the meantime.

Battery life is shit at 200 MHz.

You've repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated and repeated: the gp2x only has 34 Mhz more than the GP32, the gp2x only has 34 Mhz more than the GP32, the gp2x only has 34 Mhz more than the GP32, the gp2x only has 34 Mhz more than the GP32, the gp2x only has 34 Mhz more than the GP32

and now that you can overclock to 266 you don't want to buy a fucking pair of good rechargeables batteries.

Having to overclock to 220 MHz is ridiculous for a PCEngine emu. It ran smoother on the GP32 at only *166 MHz* and the Zodiac at *192 MHz* why does this need so much more power?

Then write your fucking emulator running fullspeed at 2 Mhz.

The man only stated that a it ran ok on the gp32 and its struggling on the 2x......jesus mate take a chill pill.

Battery life is shit at 200 MHz. Having to overclock to 220 MHz is ridiculous for a PCEngine emu. It ran smoother on the GP32 at only *166 MHz* and the Zodiac at *192 MHz* why does this need so much more power?
linux, more internal chips, young code

why are you hung up on battery life?

moz said:
why are you hung up on battery life?

Because he still has crummy-brand 2000mAh batteries which only last an hour. If that was my battery life I'd be titchy too. So DaveC -- seriously, get some GOOD batteries, please!!! The GP2X has a higher draw than the GP32 so don't assume what works for one will work for the other. You need the right type for maximum life (4-4.5 hours), check the recommendations on this board for the best brands.

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 19 2005 at 01:23 AM said:
Perfect @200mhz:

Outrun

Great emu!

I was just playing outrun, when the road forks, just before each checkpoint, only one of the two routes is shown, you can often see a car following the invisible route...

I'd say it's not quite perfect! very playable anyway though...

Back