Gp2X Wiki Under Attack

Parkydr

Developing for the GP2X since 2006
Website
www.parkydr.ezeedsl.co.uk
The GP2X wiki has getting a lot of spam pages over the last couple of days.

I've been deleting them as soon as possible, but it's getting a bit tiring.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

There is quite a number of dead links on the gp2x wiki as well. I wanted to make a list but there is just too many pages and I have no idea of the inner workings of a wiki. Maybe we should open a thread and ask everyone to help in order to overhaul the wiki a little.

Just in case anyone is interested.

I ended up writing a script which, given a list of user names deletes their contributions and blocks them.

Not a perfect solution, but saves me from getting RSI.

Apologies if it's not the done thing to butt in here with a first post, but... as far as xnopasaranx's post goes: is it possible to write a script which finds all the old gp2x.de archive links and converts them to the correct openhandhelds ones? The URLs seem very similar. I just mean swapping one link for another, as I've done manually on this wiki page:

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GpSP

For someone like me, coming in "cold" to the GP2X in 2011, the continued existence of that wiki is extremely useful in getting up to speed on what's around without having to keep downloading files and/or search through this forum to find out what's what. It'd be even more useful if all those outdated links could be updated. I don't mind doing them manually as I come across them; I just wondered whether it could be done more automatically?

Back