Gp2x Usb Almost Works

Drak

fff
Website
Visit site
So after upgrading teh firmware I tried out the usb connection since I thought 'finally i dont have to use my parents digi-camera for xfering files'.

It works fine.. Except for the fact that you cant access any sub folders. You can access folders from the main H:/, but when you try to open up a sub folder it says 'the disk in drive H:/ is not formated, would you like to format?'

I of course knew it wasnt my sd card. Since it is in fat32, and works perfectly fine with the digi-cam :)

Either way, I can now use my gp2x to xfer files. yay! :)

Drak,
You still are having USB issues.
I can open up subfolders and view, modify, delete files just fine through my
usb cable.

My issue is that it transfers at a USB 1.1 speed for some reason yet,
but that is my only problem.

Squidge posted on May 8 2006 at 04:51 AM said:
Enable network support and you should be able to access all folders via samba :)
Really dumb question.. what is samba?

Last edited by a moderator:
Drak posted on May 8 2006 at 03:24 AM said:
So after upgrading teh firmware I tried out the usb connection since I thought 'finally i dont have to use my parents digi-camera for xfering files'.

It works fine.. Except for the fact that you cant access any sub folders. You can access folders from the main H:/, but when you try to open up a sub folder it says 'the disk in drive H:/ is not formated, would you like to format?'

I of course knew it wasnt my sd card. Since it is in fat32, and works perfectly fine with the digi-cam :)

your SD Cards filesystem is corrupt, happend to me a few times as well, (even doh my sd card reader had no problems with it just like ure digi cam has no problems with it) right click the drive in my computer goto extra tab (that's whats it called in dutch) and run the scandisk tool, the tool for checking for errors on a disk. then highlight both checkboxes and let it run it'll take a while but should fix the problems.

or backup ure sd card format it (with a card reader cause i formatted it once using the usb connection and ended up with 1 gig space already used even doh it was empty) then replace all ure files on the sd card and it works as well.

I did both things already the last thing i did when i first installed FW 2.0 & gotten the exact same error. later on i discovered that scandisk fixes it as well so u got 2 thing to try i suggest u try the first choise if that doesn't work revert back to backing it up / formatting it (ure sd card reader should have no problems reading the files at least it didn't with me)

dgrams2000 posted on May 8 2006 at 01:38 PM said:
Enable network support and you should be able to access all folders via samba :)
lol, samba is the non microsoft equivalent of SMB aka windows networking, this way you can acces files on your gp2x using "My network places".

anyways, with usb im having the same problem as drak :angry:

aapje89 posted on May 8 2006 at 06:09 PM said:
lol, samba is the non microsoft equivalent of SMB aka windows networking, this way you can acces files on your gp2x using "My network places".

Your problem is about wrong SD Card filesystem. Format it as Fat32 and voila! It'll be working fine! B)

techFreak posted on May 8 2006 at 05:12 PM said:
aapje89 posted on May 8 2006 at 06:09 PM said:

Your problem is about wrong SD Card filesystem. Format it as Fat32 and voila! It'll be working fine! B)
I have formatted it many times to FAT32, doesn't work.

Note: not that it really matters, i have an sd cardreader, but thats in the laptop.
and samba works of course :).

joyrider posted on May 8 2006 at 04:42 AM said:
Drak posted on May 8 2006 at 03:24 AM said:

your SD Cards filesystem is corrupt, happend to me a few times as well, (even doh my sd card reader had no problems with it just like ure digi cam has no problems with it) right click the drive in my computer goto extra tab (that's whats it called in dutch) and run the scandisk tool, the tool for checking for errors on a disk. then highlight both checkboxes and let it run it'll take a while but should fix the problems.

or backup ure sd card format it (with a card reader cause i formatted it once using the usb connection and ended up with 1 gig space already used even doh it was empty) then replace all ure files on the sd card and it works as well.

I did both things already the last thing i did when i first installed FW 2.0 & gotten the exact same error. later on i discovered that scandisk fixes it as well so u got 2 thing to try i suggest u try the first choise if that doesn't work revert back to backing it up / formatting it (ure sd card reader should have no problems reading the files at least it didn't with me)

Ah oh really... Ill try this. But im not going to do that samba thing unless I have to :) thx.. silly me
and techfreak: i said up dere that its in fat32 already ^^

Back