Gp2x System Bargain @ Playasia

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
Playasia.com are having a crazy special this week so those who want a GP2X, go order one NOW from them!

I've bought heaps of stuff from them before - I've always had prompt delivery of goods and absolutely no defects.

Worth checking out!

EDIT: I'm NOT getting commission or anything like that on it... :p

God that is cheap. Almost worth getting for a spare, and maybe it will overclock higher than mine...

That's a tremendous deal, hopefully more people who held off until now will get on the bandwagon :)

DaveC posted on Mar 30 2007 at 01:20 PM said:
God that is cheap. Almost worth getting for a spare, and maybe it will overclock higher than mine...
It is cheap. I was thinking the same thing. Almost worth it to get a 2nd unit and hope it clocks faster.
Mine *only* does 250Mhz which is probably about average. Hmmm... Or is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news, first person to buy me a $300 gift certificate to Play-Asia so I can finally get a Nintendo Wii...wins. :p
This sale is amazing, I just wish I knew about it sooner, as I would of got Shikigami No Shiro III for the PC when it was in stock. It's normally a whopping $65!

ok, here's my dilemma.. My MK1 unit clocks to 315mhz (!), but my stick is horrible and very loose..Guess I have taken off the cap too much..

I'm really considering buying an mk2, no interlaced (hate it), but on average the mk2 is clocking lower than the mk1? So, I don't know what to do... I guess a new one would be better even if it clocks ass, as I never play on it more. Only because of the stick (and the screen)..

What should I do?

cowai posted on Mar 29 2007 at 10:35 PM said:
ok, here's my dilemma.. My MK1 unit clocks to 315mhz (!), but my stick is horrible and very loose..Guess I have taken off the cap too much..

I'm really considering buying an mk2, no interlaced (hate it), but on average the mk2 is clocking lower than the mk1? So, I don't know what to do... I guess a new one would be better even if it clocks ass, as I never play on it more. Only because of the stick (and the screen)..

What should I do?
Sell me your MK1 :D, then when I get the dpad installed I can be super happy.

Is the screen that bad? I have a mk1 here and the screen is rarely bad, so you have a firmware that can adjust the interlacing? There is a slider that can make the screen better.

I also notice that the screen on the MK1 is much more to my liking than the mk2 screen was.

I would just get a dpad and keep your insane Mk1, you will be the first with playable PS1 emulation if anyone ever gets it.

aww, I can't belive I didnt see this. Ordered a GP2X yesterday. Silly me, and I didnt notice someone had replied on my "where to get one" thread... ah well, a fool and his money are easily parted :)

DaveC posted on Mar 30 2007 at 04:20 AM said:
As anyone else noticed that in every other post DaveC makes he lets us know his gp2x isn't the nippiest? :)

Haha! Good timing for this sale! I only needed a few dollars to buy the GP2X Value Pack, and then I noticed this sale. My GP2X Value Pack and Carrying Case shipped yesterday 31. March, and I have still money left to pay the Power Adaptor and TV-out cable I ordered from another shop!!! Yay! Thanks play-asia :) Hopefully I'm getting my stuff before tooooo long, can't wait!

Back