Gp2x Screen Question (i Know Again...)

TomVS

Website
Visit site
When staring up (the screen with te diagonal lines, not the green one) I can see I lighter vertical zone from top to bottom on the left side of the screen...

In normal conditions it is not noticeable at all. But when using the lcd-cpu-tweaker it appears with some settings and also in the movie player it can be annoying in darker sections af a movie...

Am I the only one ?

WHat firmware version are you using? Try untightening the screws of your gp2x. It *could* be some pressure on the LCD.

I have the same problem. I thought it was pressure on the LCD as well, so I took it apart and unpeeled one of the foam layers on the processor... my stick response is better now, but the screen still looks exactly the same.

If the pixel clock rate is set too high you get washed out colour, black becomes gray etc. The left most column generally turns white too. A case of trying to update the screen faster than the LCD can cope with.
Typical rate for the GP2X should be ~6.4MHz, below that you get flickering - higher you loose contrast.

paeryn posted on Feb 5 2006 at 05:25 PM said:
If the pixel clock rate is set too high you get washed out colour, black becomes gray etc. The left most column generally turns white too. A case of trying to update the screen faster than the LCD can cope with.
Typical rate for the GP2X should be ~6.4MHz, below that you get flickering - higher you loose contrast.
would the CPU/LCD-Tweaker fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:
The tweaker lets you adjust the timings... Not sure what values the tweaker lets you change, but (off the top of my head) FPLL is ~200MHz, UPLL is ~100MHz. The clock settings are dividers of either of these clocks.
I remember seeing in the old source about using 25 off the FPLL which would give 8MHz, that's probably the original that had the white line down the side.
In testing I've had it up to about 9MHz before the LCD failed to update.
As I put before, the official typical (from the LCD spec sheet) is 6.4MHz - it doesn't list minimum or maximum values.

Back