Anyone Info On The New Gp2x Tft Screen

David Beoulve posted on May 18 2006 at 08:01 AM said:
Maybe Ben Heckendorn can help us come up with a MOD that will marry a GP2X to a PS1 portable screen. I think all he'd need would be a GP2X.

Yah, I mentioned doing that, as long as we are at it run it on 4 cells and embed a mini USB hub into the bottom with the extra space.

I had that idea, probably not worth it because the GP2X LCD controller would likely go to waste in an aftermarket mod, BenHeck likes to use RGB or AV internally to wire his screens.

I owned a First Edition, and the next one that didn't say First Edition on it.

You will know which one you have if you go the the test menu or use the joystick test app and try all the directions.

In the Second Edition the up/down/left/right will be easier to get at.

in older editions the Diagonal (corners) were too easy to hit and the up/down/left/right were pretty hard to hit, less than 1mm window, terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
adgloride posted on May 3 2006 at 06:39 PM said:
So it sounds like to me the TFT screen on the GP2X will never be 100%.

I really wish people would stop using this phrase ... it's so completely meaningless. Everyone has their own preference about the type of displays they enjoy, '100%' is not some universal value for the perfect screen for everyone. Nor is '100%' for an emulator's development indicative the emulator is perfect, even if it runs at 100% SPEED (where I believe the term is dervied from) it won't be 100% ACCURATE because such a thing is impossible in an emulator just because of the principles on which emulation is based.

Odds are they change screens AGAIN later, and then people can just pick and choose which one they like the most. There will definitely be a lot of LCD trading going on on these forums. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back