Screen Quality : Anyone With Those Issues ?

mysql101 posted on Dec 9 2005 at 01:03 PM said:
Tetedeiench posted on Dec 9 2005 at 10:37 AM said:
Asking the reseller how long the exchange will take :( My LCD screen image is really crappy, before and after the update.

Some people belive the issue is software related and will go away with future firmware fixes due to the test screens having no lines, but that is only true on pure solid colors. Any non solid color will see the lines, so I'm not convinced.

It doesn't render the gp2x useless, but it does make it look cheap.

Well before updating firmware there were no scanlines. When the FW was the one with the bad ghosting and washed out black it had no scanlines. The software was updated and the scanlines appeared, so software related.

I had scanlines on the GP32 BLU once when I ran some hack to test LCD modes and Intensity bit. It did some weird timing thing that produced the lines. I bet the same is true here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get flickering, almost 'pulsing' when playing MP3s in the music player, and occasionally in other areas. It's worse just after the unit starts up in other areas (Frodo) but then goes away everywhere except in music player.

Other then that 100% happy with this bad boy, I just hope this is fixable without RMAing the unit.

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 10 2005 at 03:11 AM said:
Tetedeiench posted on Dec 9 2005 at 08:05 PM said:
Steve Warner posted on Dec 9 2005 at 06:57 PM said:
I get flickering on my video playback as well.  I also get the diagonal scanlines.  And if I move the unit while playing back video, I get vertical scanlines which are very noticable.  But I agree.  These the scanlines aren't that much of a distraction.  The flickering, on the other hand, is. 

From what I have read, however, it is a firmware issue and not a hardware issue.  At least let's hope so.  :)

Let's hope...

I made a video of the flickering. It's crappy, but hey, got a crappy webcam. However, you do see the flickering. Look at the bottom of the screen :

http://www.ocbase.com/images/.temp/flick.avi

Is it the same for you ?

umm what codec is that? I can't play it :blink:

Just checked, it's Intel Indeo 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back