Gp2x Pixel Question

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Hi guys,

Well I am finally thinking of buying a GP2X, and was worried about something I read in another post and it's concerning dead pixels. Are there many GP2X units sold with dead pixels, or is this rather rare? This was one thing that annoyed me about my PSP was a couple of dead pixels, and was told that was within tolerance so nothing could be done. Is this the same policy with the GP2X?

Clare.

none here, haven't even heard of any. Ask your chosen supplier what their policy on dead pixel returns is before ordering if you're worried.

I haven't heard of anyone with that problem here or at GP32Spain either. Mine came impecable, H.G.

this is one of the few problems the gp2x DOESNT seem to have, no dead pixels here :) headphone socket still intact too :D

Mine has none too. Some headphone sockets (in the first edition) where not that well solded. But I thought that problem was solved with the GP2X's you buy now.

My first edition hasn't had any problems with anything, and I use headphones regularly. Hanging around here you are bound to hear about the manufacturing mistakes that aflict all tech devices, especially in the early runs.

For a supplier, I'd stick with Craigix's gp2x.co.uk for UK purchases. He tests the units individually before shipping and is very good at dealing with returns.

FluffyPanda posted on Apr 27 2006 at 12:07 PM said:
My first edition hasn't had any problems with anything, and I use headphones regularly. Hanging around here you are bound to hear about the manufacturing mistakes that aflict all tech devices, especially in the early runs.

For a supplier, I'd stick with Craigix's gp2x.co.uk for UK purchases. He tests the units individually before shipping and is very good at dealing with returns.

And you can talk to him right here if you need help, so I consider that a huge plus =)

Last edited by a moderator:
GBAX has awesome customer service. I swear Jacqueline is just craigix's zombie slave whose sole purpose is to answer e-mail.

Back