[gp2x] Need Some Testers For A Game Engine

Dimacus

Website
luminare.no-ip.org
Ever since the community project Adventure2x died I have been working on a derivation of that project.
It is a 2d game engine called Lumina.

Now i cant really test my own program since my gp2x is somewhat busted at the moment.
I would really appreciate if someone could test this for me, if only to test that it actually starts.

Some keys (which can be redefined in lon/system.lon):
start = menu.
hold a to increase speed.
tap a to activate object in front of you.

exit by pressing start and then right.

Here is a screen shot of my pc build:

Comments are welcome too :)

(edit: space.. hmm ment start :p )

I'm not into adventures that much so I am a lousy tester for this game.

My first impressions.

Well it doesn't look finished ;)
Doesn't use diagonals.
It crashed a couple of times.
I don't like the use of numbers in text or lol / brb /w00t etc. in games. Maybe this is a personal dislike that shouldn't bother you.

Could be something worthwhile keeping an eye on for people liking this genre.

First, Thanks for testing and replying.
I gather from your comments on the content of the 'game' that it acually starts, and that the dialog box acually works, so now i can continue to work on it :)
The game itself is kind of a sandbox, so the current game is nothing but a way to test the functions of the game engine.

It would help a lot if you could tell me were the engine crashes, and, if you feel you have the time, send me the file rcon-out located in the same directory as the lumina.gpe binary.

Oh and support for diagonal moving is something that will be included later on.

Dimacus said:
It would help a lot if you could tell me were the engine crashes, and, if you feel you have the time, send me the file rcon-out located in the same directory as the lumina.gpe binary.

Oh and support for diagonal moving is something that will be included later on.
It crashed using one of the ABXY buttons on different locations. Don't know the button I pressed, probably A but I'm not sure.
I can send the rcon-out file if you want (you can PM your email adres), does it keep data of all crashes or is it only the latest log? If it only keeps the latest log, I will have to try to get it to crash again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back