Gp2x Is Highly Overrated,imo

I actually didn't think that very much flaming went on. And to be honest it was a stupid thing to do.

Quite alot of people over 20 here, you would be surprised the ages we get.

Muzzaro posted on Feb 9 2006 at 03:44 AM said:
I'm not getting one until the problems are sorted. I do want a GP2x, but i refuse to buy a new handheld that requires amounts of DIY just to make it do what it's supposed to.
There isn't really that much DIY to do. In my opinion not any.
Just very basic instructions to follow out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don`t wanna whine on on about these little problems with the GP2X, but i should also point out that any tampering with screws,joysticks or installing firmwares,technically voids our warranties. But these modifications need to be done by most GP2X owners.

Most? I doubt it.
I certainly never had to do anything but flash the firmware, and run the lcd tweaker to have a perfect unit, and I am hardly a DIY/Linux nerd. Nor did the two others who bought the units after I showed em have the slightest need to crack their case, nor do the hundreds/thousands of owners who DONT bitch on these forums, as the forums representa vocal minority and that's about all.

Deserthamster posted on Feb 9 2006 at 09:15 AM said:
I don`t wanna whine on on about these little problems with the GP2X, but i should also point out that any tampering with screws,joysticks or installing firmwares,technically voids our warranties. But these modifications need to be done by most GP2X owners.
Bullshit.
They would need proof of some of those, installing new firmware is a fricking advertised feature?!
None of those mods need to be done by "most" owners. The only thing I have done (my own choice) was updating the firmware.

Hanz™ posted on Feb 9 2006 at 08:40 AM said:
None of those mods need to be done by "most" owners. The only thing I have done (my own choice) was updating the firmware.

If you brick your GPX2 by incorrectly flashing the firmware, then your warranty is voided.

BTW! I did say "Technically"

Wrong. The UK distributor gives instructions to specifically do those things (screws, joystick, firmware). None of them are intrusive and none require opening the unit up.

Back