Gp2x F-200 And Amiga Games

GonzoUK

Still Fresh
Hi, a friend of mine just bought his PSP in and loded with Amiga, C64, Mame and Megadrive games. I was very impressed, but I thought the Amiga emulation was slow and sluggish and parts of MAME.

Is the gp2X F-200 any better as I will buy one of them.

Games I tied and will use:

Amiga:
Turricans
Flashback
Monkey Islands
Last Ninja's
Exile

Mame
Ghost N Goblins
Ghouls N Ghosts
Op Wolf

Mega Drive
Sonics
Road Rash's

C64
Many

Any Issues?

I'm pretty sure the GP2X is faster for all of those, but i've not tried the latest versions on my PSP recently, but I'm not aware of any major speed gains on the psp emus in the last few months.

Make sure you get the Amiga emu with the cyclone core.

craigix said:
I'm pretty sure the GP2X is faster for all of those, but i've not tried the latest versions on my PSP recently, but I'm not aware of any major speed gains on the psp emus in the last few months.

Make sure you get the Amiga emu with the cyclone core.

Sorry is cyclone on the PSP?

Also in your experience is it best I get a GP2X?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Im almost 100% sure the megadrive ones will run fullspeed with sound etc., the GP2X's megadrive emulator is very good.

You may want to consider the upcoming Pandora if Amiga Emulation is high on your priority list.

x68000 said:
You may want to consider the upcoming Pandora if Amiga Emulation is high on your priority list.
i have just seen that, not as portable as a PSP or GP2X. Is the Amiga an good though on the GP2X?

Gonzouk said:
x68000 said:
i have just seen that, not as portable as a PSP or GP2X. Is the Amiga an good though on the GP2X?

It's as portable as the DS, though; it's about the same size.

i play amiga games on my gp2x alot and think it is amazing but i havent got a psp to compare it to..

the only thing i would say is that the gp2x cant play the later amiga games AGA versions if i recall correctly can someone confirm that please

Gonzouk said:
x68000 said:

I'm curious, why do you think that?

craigix said:
Gonzouk said:
x68000 said:

I'm curious, why do you think that?

I can put the others in my pocket for the train journey :)

Mutilator said:
i play amiga games on my gp2x alot and think it is amazing but i havent got a psp to compare it to..

the only thing i would say is that the gp2x cant play the later amiga games AGA versions if i recall correctly can someone confirm that please

It's a shame it can't do AGA games as yet, I remember Exile AGA - Amazing!

Is MAME any good?

I can put the others in my pocket for the train journey :)

You'll be able to put the Pandora in your pocket too - it's just as portable as any other handheld device. :D

I don't think people will catch on to how small Pandora is until they see it in the wild. At which point, they will have missed the first 3000.

Ah well. :rolleyes:

I think a tape measure/ruler needs to be added to the renders, Stating exactly what units of measurement they are seeing on said ruler/tape measure. Hopefully that will drive home exactly how small the pandora really is.

Fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

Trooper

It's the keyboard that does it I think - people see that and just assume it's Eee sized. Perhaps pictures of a Pandora in someones pocket might help the more clueless, along with the tagline "Is that a Pandora in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?". Hmm, maybe not.

Gonzouk said:
x68000 said:

I would even think it's easier to slip into your pocket than a GP2X.

fishybawb said:
It's the keyboard that does it I think - people see that and just assume it's Eee sized. Perhaps pictures of a Pandora in someones pocket might help the more clueless, along with the tagline "Is that a Pandora in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?". Hmm, maybe not.
When's it out to buy and how much will it likely to be?

Gonzouk said:
fishybawb said:

Answer to those and more on the homepage: http://www.openpandora.org
Also check out http://pandorawiki.org/

Aki said:
Gonzouk said:
fishybawb said:

Answer to those and more on the homepage: http://www.openpandora.org
Also check out http://pandorawiki.org/

Somebody just showed me the PSP, it had C64, Megadrive, SNES running really well, didn't see MAME and saw turrican 2 on it which was quite good, just a little slow down. Now I don't know which one to get and I bet this question has been asked millions of times. Either a second hand PSP off ebay or a new gp2x F200 and double the cost.

If you want to play PSP games as well then get the PSP.
If you just want emulation go for the GP2X (maybe with a cradle) or wait for the Pandora

Back