Some Gp2x Questions - Level Of Mame Games For One!

pboreham

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I'm still debating getting an F100 over a F200 or a Wiz.

I prefer the stick (i know people hate it, but to me, the d-pad on the 200 looks worse) and the black colour.

The 200 is 'ok' but I have some questions before making a final decision...

1) What level of MAME games can the F100 run flawlessly? I prefer old school games, so I'm thinking the real basic like Robotron/PacMan, upto 1942, King of Boxer, Exciting Hour, Track & Field - up to something like Turtles, SFII and Wrestlefest?

2) Is the touchscreen worth having? I'll be honest and say the touch screen annoys me on the DS! Just a gimmick, so on the F200, is it used on Amiga games alot (Cannon Fodder/Syndicate etc) as a mouse replacement? If so, thats a bonus.

3) I cannot remember what it is called, but I used to have an emulator on the PC that ran Taito games mainly, like Chase HQ, Rainbow Islands, Wrestlefest etc - is that available of GP2x?

4) Is there a faq anywhere about the best games to get (community or commercial)?

I probably have more questions, but that will do for now.

What do you good people recommend? A cheap F100 - the dearer F200 or wait to see if I can get a Wiz next week? I'm worried about the Wiz due to it being a new launch - is it much more powerful?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:

trooper

Trooper`s watching you !!!
Website
Visit site
Personally, I`d say wait, Especially with the release of the Wiz looming closer.

See what the general consensus is, Once users get their grubby mitts on it, Then make your decision.

Trooper

nubie

Recovering Jerk-A-Holic
Website
Visit site
I think the F200 'dpad' (AKA not a dpad) looks dodgy too.

I had an F100 and an F100 MK2 (actually a couple of each) and the stick isn't good at all.

I would wait for the Wiz, or get an Dingoo A320 and wait for the wiz ;)

The Wiz should be quite a bit faster (30-70% Edit, actually I am unsure about that, just by the specs it could be even faster, I will be watching to see what happens), and the battery should be a lot better (li-ion), and smaller and lighter, and included.

Next week? Cool.

pboreham

Still Fresh
Ah well, took the plunge and picked up a F100 Mk2 with a load of accessories for under £80...

rokdcasbah

got me a date with botticelli's niece
Well I'd still look into picking up a Wiz or Pandora later on. Half the fun is seeing what people develop for it, sometimes you can log in every day and there's new stuff!

pboreham

Still Fresh
'rokdcasbah' said:
Well I'd still look into picking up a Wiz or Pandora later on. Half the fun is seeing what people develop for it, sometimes you can log in every day and there's new stuff!
Yea, I probably will do.

After researching all these handhelds, I am very concerned about picking up a first-gen version of a new handheld. I'll wait till they iron out any probs first!