Gp2x Earplug Just Fell Off :(

ha, i knew that there are bad solder points, thats also a explainations why some people get so short battery live.
Iam sure craigix will be able to fix that unit by himself and send it back to you, soldering that little bitch back in takes like 5 minutes.

I've also been thinking that cold soldering could be a reason for the short battery life that some people are experiencing. But I still haven't heard someone report short battery life using some quality batteries like ansmann/gp/energizer. So the explanation can still be insanely bad batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:
i ahve my 2200 mah digital innovations and i think im gonna get some 2000mah IC3s tomorrow

Speaking from experience, IC3 Chargers are a rip-off. The batteries are fine, but the chargers take more than 12 hours to charge a regular pair of NiMH batteries.

i watched 4 futurama episodes, played snes,nes, hexen, listend to musik, and watched some short fun movies. Oh and the first few minutes of ff:ac :)

i watched 4 futurama episodes, played snes,nes, hexen, listend to musik, and watched some short fun movies. Oh and the first few minutes of ff:ac :)

Are you doing anything special to the video? Encoding it at lower quality, etc? I'm really beginning to get curious as to whether this is firmware, soldering, or the stuff on the contacts.

I've been downing my video to 320 in AutoGK before throwing it on my SD card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs, what sort of results do you get from other batteries? I'm seriously considering buying a new set now... :blink:

I get pretty good battery life on my unit, like 4.5 hours with my GP batteries 2250mAh. The 1800mAh last shorter and cause some screen flickering.

Still no word back from Craig or Jacquelyn on the broken gp2x earplug thing, I guess they're just swamped with testing, packaging and sending out gp2x's.

Back