Gp2x Crap Games Competition

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Website
Visit site
Well, in traditional GP2X spirit, I've taken the good bits out of the recent GP2X competitions and the good bits from the previous crap games competitions and fused them together, producing a strange, odd-smelling viscous liquid, which I flushed down the toilet. I then sat down at my PC and came up with this. I'm starting to miss my first attempt.

Nickspoon's Quite Frankly Amazing GP2X Crap Games Competition!

The title is fairly self-explanatory, and if you haven't got it yet, the page will tell you about it to some degree of coherence.

Tell me what you think, and more importantly, enter ASAP! I'm getting bored already.

Would a crappy game interpreter with some crappy games included count? I've been coding an interpreter for a certain type of game for a month now. What makes it crappy is that it is incomplete and there is no documentation. The code itself works good. Also it would be very bloated (adding to the crap factor), since I would have to include python to make it standalone.

Blah posted on Dec 29 2006 at 01:00 AM said:
Would a crappy game interpreter with some crappy games included count? I've been coding an interpreter for a certain type of game for a month now. What makes it crappy is that it is incomplete and there is no documentation. The code itself works good. Also it would be very bloated (adding to the crap factor), since I would have to include python to make it standalone.
It isn't exactly "crap" though.

Last edited by a moderator:
jmetal88 posted on Dec 28 2006 at 09:40 PM said:
What were the results of the GP32 CGC anyway? I had an entry in that.

EDIT: Just found the old web page: http://gp32.sector808.org/gp32devcgc2005/

Looks like no results have been announced yet?
Haha, that was a great competition. We should make a poll and let the community finally pick the loser winner. :)

lol I'm so entering this. Nick, remember when I tried to start programming HHG and that I came up with some crappy lil thing in which you could move a lil green Hitler through an horribly drawn Paris? I think I'm gonna pump up some more intentional crapiness in it and turn it into some kind of time race :p

All these talented developers are stopping great projects to make a bunch of crap games you will never play?

Good idea!
:lol:

jmetal88 posted on Dec 29 2006 at 02:40 AM said:
What were the results of the GP32 CGC anyway? I had an entry in that.

EDIT: Just found the old web page: http://gp32.sector808.org/gp32devcgc2005/

Looks like no results have been announced yet?
Yeah, sorry about that. Meant to sort out a winner but kept forgetting. Then my gp32 was out of action for quite a while. I seem to remember Goity's Pigeon Killer was a strong (or should that be weak) contender.

Anyway, back to this compo. Any chance the rule on no interpreters can be relaxed? Fenix is cut out with that rule, and people seem to be able to create stunning examples of crap with fenix. It also stops me doing an entry with CACK :(.

Prizes

The prizes are as follows:
1st prize: 20p and a Toffee Crisp.
2nd prize: The bitter taste of defeat.
3rd prize: The even more bitter taste of defeat by the 2nd prize winner.

For my sake, I am not going to send the 20p and Toffee Crisp outside of the UK. I mean, the cost of the contest is coming up to almost £1 already. I'm not made of money.
You nearly put coffie allover my keyboard with that one.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 29 2006 at 01:54 AM said:
LOL I love this!

Too bad I cant program.

Surely that's an advantage ;)

woogal posted on Dec 29 2006 at 10:03 AM said:
Anyway, back to this compo. Any chance the rule on no interpreters can be relaxed? Fenix is cut out with that rule, and people seem to be able to create stunning examples of crap with fenix. It also stops me doing an entry with CACK :(.
Ah, I wouldn't want to cut out Fenix. Or CACK. I'll change that. I just didn't want to get any entries using stuff like the Doom or Quake engines really.

As for the prizes, if you're willing to pay the shipping to your country, I'll send them outside the UK. If you're really that desperate for a Toffee Crisp (I know I would be, they're fantastic).

If anybody else has any rule changes, post them. Also, if anyone else wants to be a judge, PM me or send an e-mail to the address on the page.

Unfathomable Depths: I can't enter that, it was released already. If you thought it was good enough to release, it's not worthy of this competition.

Back