Got F-200 Today, But Some Emulators Not Work

That's good news, I might be tempted to sell my MkII and grab one of these at some point then :)

EDIT: Forgot to ask, has anyone tried overclocking yet? It would be interesting to know how high this first batch can go!

yeah, wait for the fix for the emus and take a f-200, I've in mind also some homebrews that will use the touchscreen in a very original manner ;)

F-200 is a good way to wait for the craiginator, c'mon devs, just focus more on cool homebrew gaming and experiments

So it's kind of like upgrading from Amiga 500 to Amiga 1200 - a few things that don't work straight away, but all together a better machine :)

(only kidding - I know they're almost identical)

Well, thats good to hear some positive feedback on the d-pad and the screen. Those are the only two issues that I was worried about more than anything.

Frankly, I could take or leave a touchscreen, buts good to hear that came out as well. :)

Maybe something like an organiser app would change my mind on that though.

housemonkey said:
Frankly, I could take or leave a touchscreen, buts good to hear that came out as well. :)

Maybe something like an organiser app would change my mind on that though.
I play quite a few games on my pocketPC that all use the stylus.. Whilst it might not be that great for arcade games, I can see a lot of good puzzle games getting ported now.

Last edited by a moderator:
krosfyah said:
Eclipse said:
I've in mind also some homebrews that will use the touchscreen in a very original manner ;)
Sexual manner? :blink:

lol no, that was already done on wario ware touched on ds :(
there's a super secret minigame where wario drop his pants down and you have to... help him.. shaking up and down, it's called wario touched for that :eek:

...i was joking, but it's in work for the wii, bundled with a special penis-shaped wiimote holder

Does anyone know the diffs/changes in fw 4.0..?
Same kernel?
Extra drivers for touchscreen, etc?
Could initial problems be to do with the mmuhack (EDIT: then again if squidge's emus work... prob not :)).
Just ideas.

Eclipse said:
suppafly said:
I sold my gp2x mk2 to get a f-200

I guess those idiots at gph just cant make a good console with no problems...

IM getting a PSP now...i dont like being a guinea pig with defective consoles from GPH

goodbye to this community and thanks to the devs
You're totally wrong. It's not GPH fault, emulators coders used strange hardcoded optimizations expecially for memory issues. Something like this happened also on previous firmware upgrades but with less pain because there wasn't so many changes on firmware and none on the hardware.

Sell your F-200 and buy yourself a blind platform such a psp, and don't bother with stupid posts like your previous one. I hope that the one that will buy your f-200 wouldn't be such noob, you will be a good add to the psp community.

Bye...

BTW, D-Pad works like a charm, it's also possible to press more than one button and also all the buttons together so could be usefull to have another button like the previous stick pressure.
The LCD is better than the MK2 one, the visual angle seems larger.
The touchscreen seems also better than the DS one (i haven't tried a DS Lite so think the ds phat one if they are different), it's very accurate.
Bad things are that i can't find the TCP\IP, ftp and samba connection stuff on the menu and that there are no libraries for developers for the touchscreen. I wonder when GPH will release firmware sourcecodes...

for Franxis and other devs, when an emu crashes it do a strange sound, could it be a clue?

Its a free world buddy. I was really sad with my original GP2x because the joystick was awful. I had problems with all my games when pushing left.

Now that I had high hopes for a gp2x, we´re starting with the left foot. Im tired of waiting for GPH to get their shit together....thats why Im getting a psp. And by your logic ALL psp owners are noobs right? well...you must be a genius!

Have a nice day

suppafly said:
Its a free world buddy. I was really sad with my original GP2x because the joystick was awful. I had problems with all my games when pushing left.

Now that I had high hopes for a gp2x, we´re starting with the left foot. Im tired of waiting for GPH to get their shit together....thats why Im getting a psp.

Have a nice day
k, go hack firmwarez ;)
for me GPH lacks only of developers support, the F-200 is a very cool little thing for me, if F-100 made my nerdiness go crazy F-200 takes it to another dimesion :ph34r: i never had the time to spent on coding homebrews but my mind is full of ideas aroun that touchscreen now.

Btw the software house where i work is an official sony developer and we started a PSP game, and guys i'm more excited for my new f-200 than for the psp devkit i'm using

@kevcal, yes there are ofcourse things for touchscreen, there's also a small util to calibrate the touch. What makes me sad is that there's no more the extended menu or i just can't find where.

deluded said:
So it's kind of like upgrading from Amiga 500 to Amiga 1200 - a few things that don't work straight away, but all together a better machine :)

A500 -> A600. The craiginator will be the A1200 :)

GunPei2X said:
deluded said:

A500 -> A600. The craiginator will be the A4000 :)

Corrected

Trooper

trooper said:
GunPei2X said:
deluded said:

A500 -> A600. The craiginator will be the OVER NINE THOUSAND :)

Corrected

Trooper

Corrected 2.0

I'm glad some of the owners are happy with the touchscreen and D-pad, I can't wait to get mine, I'm getting it with a 8GB class6 SDHC card (at under $60). As for the problems I could bet they are going to get sorted out by mid-November. Could you guys start makeing some youtube videos of what you think of it and such?

Cheers (funny coming from me im american, lol)

-Game_over

I play quite a few games on my pocketPC that all use the stylus.. Whilst it might not be that great for arcade games, I can see a lot of good puzzle games getting ported now.

Dont get me wrong. I dont doubt some good games and apps could come of it. I just cant think of anything off hand that I would call a system mover for me, but as icing on a cake (the cake being a d-pad that works well and a decent screen) I would have no complaints seeing some good touchscreen games.

Its just that even with the DS (which I do love) there really are not all that many games where I think to myself, "Wow, the stylus reall makes this game".

There are a small handful that have though...

Back