Gp2x Arrives Tomorrow

squid245

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
hey all, id like to start by saying that this is an active community which i will soon become even more part f, you see my gp2x arrives tomorrow for sure because today, fedex was here but i wasnt :(

so, ive already filled my 256 mb sd card with:

drMD
gpfce
mamegp2x
gnuboy
squidgesnes
(each with three or four roms)
\
beat2x
prboom with doom 1
vektar
chopper
duke2x with version 1.5
2xmark

and qtopia,

are there any peices of great software/games/emulators that i have missed? please tell me the community favourites and bests :)

i cant wait untill tomorrow after work

You could check out Super Mario War, GnGeo ( the roms here use a lot of space ), LiquidWar, Nethack, Tilematch and SuperTux. Some of my favourite games.
If you every have played an rpg and somehow enjoyed it, you'll love Nethack.

M.A.M.E.

And for all that is sacred, get a larger card!! You'll fill up that tiny thing fast :lol:

DaveN posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:03 AM said:
You could check out Super Mario War, GnGeo ( the roms here use a lot of space ), LiquidWar, Nethack, Tilematch and SuperTux. Some of my favourite games.
If you every have played an rpg and somehow enjoyed it, you'll love Nethack.
I like most RPGs, yet I despise Nethack

Last edited by a moderator:
Goity posted on Jul 26 2006 at 03:08 AM said:
Really? Interesting to hear, just out of curiosity, what are your favourite RPG's?

@topic:
Some really great games I forgot to mention above:
Spout, Noiz2sa, Super Methane Brothers and Rick Dangerous.
The latest one is a port of the classic game for the amiga, the atari etc.

ok, im downloading super mario war, tilematch and liquid war now, i already am over my hed in rpgs with pokemon and zelda series for gbc, super tux ive played but smb3 is better in my opinion(not that super tux isnt the coolest game with a penguin, ever)

oh and dont worry, as soon as i can i will get a bigger card,

squid245 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 09:35 PM said:

* The forum breaths a collective sigh of relief *

TelcoLou posted on Jul 25 2006 at 07:17 PM said:
squid245 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 09:35 PM said:

* The forum breaths a collective sigh of relief *
LOL, telco has got that sense of humor.

If you are in the US there are $20 150x 1GB SD, or something, at Newegg.com (keeps changing, can't stay on top of the falling prices).

I was actually thinking the same thing before you told him to get a larger SD card lol, was wondering whats this poor guy doing with such a small SD card :( well good to know you will be getting a better one to enjoy the device fully :)

Goity posted on Jul 26 2006 at 03:08 AM said:
So did I until I tried Dzz's Nethack. Depends on what you hate about it, but Dzz's port adds menus to the gameplay, which makes it so much easier to get into, if you ask me. If you hate the random occurrances of evil, nasty things, then I guess you'll hate Dzz's as well.

My favourite app is sterm - there's nothing like knocking up a quick shell script in vi to make the hours fly by.

Games - Tilematch, Kobo Deluxe, Nethack (and any of my ports ;)).
Interpreters - SCUMMVM
Emulators - MAME

My favourite homebrew games are Kobo Deluxe, Spout, Tilematch and Noiz2sa. I also like Nebulus, but I can't get past the first level. Damn you ball thingies!

nickspoon posted on Jul 26 2006 at 12:13 PM said:
My favourite homebrew games are Kobo Deluxe, Spout, Tilematch and Noiz2sa. I also like Nebulus, but I can't get past the first level. Damn you ball thingies!

What???

anyways....try Vobbo's tg16 emulator as well....that works remarkably well...if you're into that system.....I would gather you would like it if you don't know it.

DSR

dsraa posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:38 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Jul 26 2006 at 12:13 PM said:

What???
Your enemies in Nebulus are balls. And bouncing eyes.

I had no idea Nebulus was on the GP2X! Thank you so much!!
I'm amazed my old DOS copy still works with sound and all, but this is SO much better!
It plays really well, too.

Back