Got F-200 Today, But Some Emulators Not Work

I don't recall if the gp2x includes 'find', but a recursive 'ls' should do.

ie: Drop into a script something like:

ls -R / > /mnt/sd/ls-dump.txt

That ought spew it out. Bets on it being the same set of libs as in prior versions .. if they're way out of date always, makes it easier for them, since we're all ignoring their libs anyway.

They better release source, if they didn't use a standard driver for the touchscreen.

(They're an odd bunch.. they must know that their only supporters are homebrew, yet the don't pre-release much info :)

jeff

narmak said:
How do I do this? My computer is automatically detecting the gp as a card reader, and so I can't actually see what's on the device.

Sorry forgotten how I set mine up... [consults wiki]
Have a look at http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Tcp/ip_over_usb
Once mounted you should see folders:
bin, dev. etc, home, lib, lost+found, mnt, opt, proc, root, sbin, tmp, usr, var...
be interesting to at least see what's in the tree under \lib\modules\

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man its here...man I can't wait to get mine. Man I want to play some KOF right now since the D-pad sounds like its halfway decent.

but whats up with the new FW?? boot time 35seconds...man thats crazy.

oh yea is blood cross built into the f-200 did anyone give that a shot yet?

35 seconds?!

Sounds like it needs a quick dose of 2.0.0, stat!

i have ordered an f200, having skipped the mk2. i will check reminiscence and look for telnet, etc once i get mine in, but i'm sure someone will beat me to it.

They aren't 35 sec. for boot time. It was only a rhetorical question :p

Stealth Bagel said:
(...)
That's how it always is with gph; add a new pretty GUI, make the boot time 35 seconds? Add touchscreen and take out the options menu?! Is there even a way to still turn on usb networking without weird trickery? IMHO that was the best feature gp2x had; remote telnet into the system to run a development console etc. If they screw THAT up the f200 is a depressing proposition.

skeezix said:
b_o_b posted on Oct 30 2007 at 05:49 PM said:

I wish it came in black, so it looked like a gp2x. Less to explain to the wife that way ;)

Man, I was thinking the same thing! Wonder if its possible to swap the casing with my old Gp2x mk1?
:lol:

skeezix said:
I wish it came in black, so it looked like a gp2x. Less to explain to the wife that way ;)

jeff
That is easy. Just go out and buy a can of white spraypaint and make sure she sees it somewhere. Then get the F200 a few days later, if she asks, just tell her you painted it white :p

DaveC said:
skeezix said:

jeff
That is easy. Just go out and buy a can of white spraypaint and make sure she sees it somewhere. Then get the F200 a few days later, if she asks, just tell her you painted it white :p

This idea is so crazy I think it would work!

Problem is the firmware on this thing doesn't have the samba and the telnet and all that, you don't have the choice to even enable that in the systems menu. Would I have these options if i loaded an older firmware, and would it be safe to do that? Thanks.

kevcal said:
narmak said:
How do I do this? My computer is automatically detecting the gp as a card reader, and so I can't actually see what's on the device.

Sorry forgotten how I set mine up... [consults wiki]
Have a look at http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Tcp/ip_over_usb
Once mounted you should see folders:
bin, dev. etc, home, lib, lost+found, mnt, opt, proc, root, sbin, tmp, usr, var...
be interesting to at least see what's in the tree under \lib\modules\

narmak said:
Would I have these options if i loaded an older firmware, and would it be safe to do that?
I would wait until a techie with a jtag setup does this first... I am sure you won't have to wait more than a week or so to find out.

To all you F200 people: How well does the dragon punch and fireball work in SFII (from both sides). This is my favourite d-pad test.

They have removed the start button, the most fundamental button on a games console and replaced it with 'Home'. Even the built in games say 'press start' or 'press start and select to exit'.

Nice one GPH.

That was the reason why I bought the psp slim in black; anyway later on I have disclosed this acquisition. she knows that I am bit crazy with my c64 and all those handhelds. and she already knows about the f-200. but not yet about the jxd301. my fear is that both parcel pop in on the same day

Does sf2 run best on Genesis, Snes, or MAME?

imhotep said:
narmak said:
Would I have these options if i loaded an older firmware, and would it be safe to do that?
I would wait until a techie with a jtag setup does this first... I am sure you won't have to wait more than a week or so to find out.

To all you F200 people: How well does the dragon punch and fireball work in SFII (from both sides). This is my favourite d-pad test.

craigix said:
They have removed the start button, the most fundamental button on a games console and replaced it with 'Home'. Even the built in games say 'press start' or 'press start and select to exit'.

Nice one GPH.
who is the guy who designed this? I so want to punch him in the face for that <_< you don't ever remove the start button from any type of controller,console,handheld. its the necessity of all buttons needed.

so samba and the telnet, FTP and such are pretty much gone and not there in FW4...so dev is practically out of the question???

Wow - punching someone for renaming start to home - that's harsh!

I'm sure someone will work out how to get telnet etc back - if not, wont open2x firmware sort it??

I guess GPH are trying to push it as a media player, where home makes more sense than start.. But of course that means you need to press home (start) to exit an app.. Maybe a quick jab is in order ;)

deluded said:
Wow - punching someone for renaming start to home - that's harsh!

I'm sure someone will work out how to get telnet etc back - if not, wont open2x firmware sort it??

I guess GPH are trying to push it as a media player, where home makes more sense than start.. But of course that means you need to press home (start) to exit an app.. Maybe a quick jab is in order ;)
yea I guess, sometimes it makes you wonder what is going on inside GPH's heads...its like they know how to put something together but lack the technical consulting of someone like craig

Back