Got displays, looking for keymats

Waterproof low profile skin for a Pyra/Pandora.

1 qt freezer ziplock bag.

Want the Pyra/Pandora to be open while waterproof?

1 gallon freezer ziplock bag.

Done.

Out of curiosity, why are all these LCD screens portrait by default? Seems rather strange to me, as I recall LCD screens used to almost always be landscape internally and used hardware and/or software to get them into portrait (do rotations.) Seems this has changed in recent years?

Out of curiosity, why are all these LCD screens portrait by default? Seems rather strange to me, as I recall LCD screens used to almost always be landscape internally and used hardware and/or software to get them into portrait (do rotations.) Seems this has changed in recent years?
Cellphones and tablets

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk

$0.08 each cheap enough?

http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Double-Zipper-Quart-Freezer/dp/B002GJO6R6

Seriously - sometimes the low-tech solution, regardless of it's inelegance, simply works.

$0.08 each cheap enough?

http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Double-Zipper-Quart-Freezer/dp/B002GJO6R6

Seriously - sometimes the low-tech solution, regardless of it's inelegance, simply works.
I want the spray for textile.

For Pandora it's pretty easy.

Get some foil that's as big as the lid.

So everything where rain will drop onto is secured.

Pyra has speakers on a worse position and you have to secure them otherwise.

I do trust the Keymat not to let any water come to the board.

Cellphones and tablets
Yes I'm aware many of those are in portrait, but many were and are in landscape by hardware. This has probably changed quite a bit since I last took a good look. I'm just not sure why landscape models weren't sourced for this project, seems it would have made things easier than having to use a chip, though I wouldn't be surprised if cost and/or avilaibility being the main reasons.

I'm just not sure why landscape models weren't sourced for this project, seems it would have made things easier than having to use a chip, though I wouldn't be surprised if cost and/or avilaibility being the main reasons.
Because no one makes them anymore in great quantity because of the demand by cellphones and tablet devices.

TrashyMG, are you saying that there are no longer any android and windows tablets made with landscape screens? I could have sworn at least the windows tablets still had them. I'll have to check to see if that's (still) the case.

TrashyMG, are you saying that there are no longer any android and windows tablets made with landscape screens? I could have sworn at least the windows tablets still had them. I'll have to check to see if that's (still) the case.
Do you know any 5'' tablets?

Just a quick question: is an x86 version of the pyra still a possibility, or has that been thrown out entirely at this point?

Still a possibility down the line - the way the CPU's on a daughter board means it can be swapped out with anything at a later date.  However, I wouldn't hold your breath personally.

They are calling them "phone" nowadays. :)
But phones have portrait screens.

I was just answering your question, I don't know which kind of screen they have (though I guess you are right about them being portrait). ;-)

I was just answering your question, I don't know which kind of screen they have (though I guess you are right about them being portrait). ;-)
And that's why we need a 5'' tablet and not a phone ;) .

And that's why we need a 5'' tablet and not a phone ;) .
There is no difference between a 5" tablet and a 5" phone. That's why I used the verb call.Android rotates the screen depending on how you hold the device anyway, Android doesn't care about the screen orientation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I should have been more specific... Ed's explanation of why due to the popularity of smartphones, all screens available in the size we want are portrait. Then the further query of how it is Android achieves rotation, and can we not do the same... leading to the general acceptance of Ed's initial proposal.

I.e. if one had followed this 'discussion' ... one wouldn't assume a 5" tablet and 5" phone are the same thing. ... even though they are in the android world. But that's not the world we live in!

=~. O =

Back