Goodbye Phil

Garrett

Advanced Member
Apologies for the cryptic title..

Just wanted to give a shout out here (hope people don't mind too much) to my dear friend who very sadly lost his long battle with cancer today at the tragically young age of 43..

Phil i will miss you mate... your friend always..

I will end with an observation by George Carlin, of whom he was a big fan:

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating...and you finish off as an orgasm"

& a favourite track of his:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiDAJCjzH38

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
A buddy of mine is dueling with the cancer sonofabitch, age late-30s. Sometimes its just not right :/ Not supposed to be until you're 70 or 80, you know?

I didn't used to worry too much, but not I've got a few little babies around the house and I always think.. what if.. what if it woudl happen to me, and suddenly I'm leaving babies with no daddy, and it breaks my heart :(

jeff

I hope it is not my arrogance that believes that those that pass would want for me what I would want for them. A brief pause perhaps but a return to form and normality as quickly as possible. Sorry for your loss, and I wish you the best, for it is "morn the dead, fight like hell for the living"

for what it is worth, never heard that song before but I dig it.

Condolences Garrett.

Any fan of Carlins will be living it up big style with the legend himself someplace no doubt, along with everyones Uncle Dave and thats a great Carlin qoute. Almost everyhing makes more sense that way around, except perhaps Santa!

"He's the big fat git that sneaks down the chimney and steals all the kids favourite toys!" - Lister of Red Dwarf, Backwards episode.

This is really sad. My condolences, too.

A workmate of me got cancer, too. At the age of 25. But it looks, like he will make it.

My mother and some orher familymembers of mine had cancer, too.

I hope I'll never have to go through this...

Last edited by a moderator:
The good thing about dying rather young is to not see your friends die and you can welcome them on the next server once they do. Head up.

Back