Pro Wrestling

Wrestling has gone downhill a lot since McMahon bought out WCW and ECW. Also characters seem really bland right now (Batista??) I remember the good ol' days of Summerslam 92 Wembley Stadium with British Bulldog vs Bret Hart for the title. Stuff like that was magic.

On another note, does anybody watch UFC on Bravo? Its mixed martial arts and anything goes (almost). Fights usually end with tapout, TKO or KO. Also when its on (don't know when) the K1 tournament is really good to watch on Eurosport.

Couldn't agree more. WWE needs competition. And Batista, like Hogan, is a pile of nothingness.

UFC Hard Hitters wasn't bad at all, but the main event was a little dull. Always was going to be a bit of a squash though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you see Loiseau's running knee strike? That was sick. The other guy's head bounced off the fence.

I don't know the guys name but I assume it's him, yeah I saw it. It was sickening. The guy's kneecap in the main event was completly sick too, seeing it move out of socket and down his leg isn't pleasant.

Once in a fight between Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy, that Big Daddy was so fat that both the ref and Haystacks had to break character and help him up. And that was in the days where they were trying to pass wrestling off as real.

I've never seen the draw of wrestling myself.

Could never figure out the appeal all through school when everyone else was into it....

Yeah, me too... though the only time I remember classmates being into it was before 3rd grade.

As I said, if I watch it now (which isn't often at all) it's with a sense of humour. ;)

Ok yeh hogan's hips are going. he's getting on 50. but age doesn't matter. u only have to look at shawn michaels to see that even if ur old u can still be a show stopper.

Ok yeh hogan's hips are going. he's getting on 50. but age doesn't matter. u only have to look at shawn michaels to see that even if ur old u can still be a show stopper.

Yeah, Micheals is another excellent wrestler. His match with Angle and his match with Shelton have been the two matches of the year in WWE IMO; great mat wrestling combined with some superb high flying.

Personally though, I still hate Hogan. He's not that good on the MIC, he's a terrible wrestler and he thinks he's all 'that'. Originally, when Vince first created the WWF as we know today, he needed a mega star to take it to the top. He was originally going to put Superfly Jimmy Snuka in that role, who was a damn fine wrestler.

Funny how things work out.

I was a huge wrestling fan in the early 90s.

Grew out of it as most do....but got back into it around 1999.

Started watching the WWF and ECW (on Bravo).

Haven't watched it for about 2 years now...or whenever the WCW/ECW invasion ended. It's just big bodybuilders in undies now. It's not fun anymore.

However, I did watch ECW the other night and it was the best thing ever. Loved it.

...and about wrestling being fake I always put forward the argument of take it how it is. It's a soap opera. Just like any drama. Like that 'Most Haunted' crap.

I'll start watching WWF again when wrestlers aren't all bodybuilders in undies, wrestlers stop using sensible names and they hang the big boss man again. :lol:

Yeah, that why people are stopping watching it.

Too many strapping men in undies and people start questioning their own sexuality. :lol:

I think with stuff like ECW, its like going to a circus but without the animals. Instead people do death defying stuff to each other like jumping off a 20ft gantry or piledrived through a flaming table. Stuff that would put normal people in traction for a very long time.

I get the points about the WWE though - the big blokes in undies thing is really degrading the WWE right now, since they no longer seem to have "attitude". Even John Cena looks worn out and fake.

I accept that wrestling is scripted to a certain degree, but thats the distinction between a "show" and a fight (like in UFC) both are entertaining to watch at the end of the day. I wouldnt consider any of Tommy Dreamer or Sabu's fights to be a "homoerotic soap"

Oh yeh and if people start questioning their own sexuality, they only need to take one look at Stacy Kiebler or Torrie Wilson to know which way their dick will swing.

I think with stuff like ECW, its like going to a circus but without the animals. Instead people do death defying stuff to each other like jumping off a 20ft gantry or piledrived through a flaming table. Stuff that would put normal people in traction for a very long time.

I get the points about the WWE though - the big blokes in undies thing is really degrading the WWE right now, since they no longer seem to have "attitude". Even John Cena looks worn out and fake.

I accept that wrestling is scripted to a certain degree, but thats the distinction between a "show" and a fight (like in UFC) both are entertaining to watch at the end of the day. I wouldnt consider any of Tommy Dreamer or Sabu's fights to be a "homoerotic soap"

Oh yeh and if people start questioning their own sexuality, they only need to take one look at Stacy Kiebler or Torrie Wilson to know which way their dick will swing.

Certain fights look very homoerotic. Anything with Randy Orton generally looks gay, and the same with the ultra-greased Chris Masters.

Watching AJ Styles powerbomb a 350 pound Mankind-Wanabee off the top of a cage onto a pile of drawing pins isn't homoerotic at all, though.

my friend managed to get the mobile number of Edge, edge was pissed

Shame they won't keep it in their spandex, else you could of rang him when he was cutting a promo backstage.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

You know what else is funny?
When they show the wrestlers leaving the arena and getting in their car whilst still wearing just their undies.

Back