Good Suggestion For Shipping Procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

borgqueenx

Website
gdteam.net
So if the cases are not perfect, and some will be a bit more perfect then others...
How about asking people what they want? a more perfect case or a less perfect case.
then give less perfect cases shipping priority.

This way everyone's happy?

"Dear <person who ordered last year but has otherwise not had any contact with us whatsoever>,
some of the cases have a smudge on the underside due to problems with the mould manufacturing process (or some other cosmetic issue).
We did correct the problem, and the vast majority are coming out fine now. The reason I'm writing is to ask if you would accept one of these lower quality cases knowing you would receive your Pandora 2 weeks earlier than if you waited for a perfect case. Please respond with your answer."

yeaaaaah, how about no.

Much better idea: Throw away the cases that look too good, so that everyone gets an equal amount of community-spirited imperfection :)
Perfection is for wimps! This is not Apple.

mali said:
Much better idea: Throw away the cases that look too good, so that everyone gets an equal amount of community-spirited imperfection :)
Nice post!

EDIT: I meant to add this.

I say the first preorders should get their cases first and with the best quality then work your way down. So the one person that just decided to help this project will get a lower quality case when they should (later then others)

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't make sense.

Everyone will want the better cases, so there's going to be no choice. And I highly doubt they're going to personally email each person, ask, wait for a reply, then find a good case out of 4000, then send it to that person.

Derek said:
I say the first preorders should get their cases first and with the best quality then work your way down. So the one person that just decided to help this project will get a lower quality case when they should (later then others)
You want them to rank all 10,000 cases in order of quality? ;)

wermy said:
Aninhumer said:
[You want them to rank all 10,000 cases in order of quality? ;)
My thoughts exactly... This just doesn't seem feasible. :\
Not to mention that if there are flaws with the case, they'll be in the first thousand. So you want to make everyone wait an extra couple weeks just to give the first thousand people "good" cases, or are you just making the thousand or so that ordered first wait, give these "flawed" cases to the second thousand as soon as they're received?

Take pictures of every single case and put them on a website and let everybody pick out their case. This is will be the keystone of the mail-order baby and pet service that I'm going to start.

As a promotion, everybody who buys 10 babies will receive a free pet hamster named Marmaduke. You cannot change his name.

mali said:

Navajo Indians believe only God can be perfect and purposely ensure there are imperfections in their work, the OP team is just as spiritual. Apple is playing in God's domain, soon to be struck down in a fiery hell... or one would only hope.

I suppose we could spend a week designing a web application so you could enter your order number and then select whether or not you want a faulty case, a perfect case, or no case. Then send out the "no case" versions first, followed by the "faulty case" versions and finally the "perfect case" versions. We could even charge more for the "no case" versions as they could be considered a evaluation/development board rather than a UMPC.

Squidge said:
I suppose we could spend a week designing a web application so you could enter your order number and then select whether or not you want a faulty case, a perfect case, or no case.

A week?!!

Squidge said:
We could even charge more for the "no case" versions as they could be considered a evaluation/development board rather than a UMPC.
As a consumer whore I am well aware of the fact that the more something costs, the better it is! I will take one of these "no case" versions!

dflemstr said:
Pleng said:
Squidge said:
I suppose we could spend a week designing a web application so you could enter your order number and then select whether or not you want a faulty case, a perfect case, or no case.

A week?!!
More like... 2 hours.

thats_the_joke-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back