GOG.com

Another S**t-Storm is going in GOG direction after their last announcement...

You can "finally" buy games of the "Epic Games Store" directly from Galaxy !!
And as GOG says, to buy games from other stores was the most requested Galaxy feature from the beginning...

...personally, that was the last fulfilled "request" I was expecting to see...

Aaaand, the GOG post went low rated :cool:

Meanwhile I had a look at the goggers wishlist for Galaxy... behold the immense request for other stores integrations:

And found that there is actually a request to buy stuff from other stores... it has 3 votes for now... those 3 must be VIPs !! :confused:

So, GOG explained better the situation about Galaxy and Epic, and now I can understand better their point of view...
  • GOG is open minded, so the default store can be changed at will
  • GOG will still stay DRM FREE etc... etc...
This "most requested feature to buy from other stores" is not needed by people that are already their clients, but is likely to bring to GOG people that only use Steam or Epic, etc... and reading some discussions in forums of other stores I see many people that actually expressed that they could change client only if they can still buy stuff of their store from it.

In the end they don't seem anymore so out of mind as before.

Butcher is being given away for the next two days to celebrate the Made in Poland sale.

Seems very similar to "Abuse" (1996)... but I wonder why the graphic is so bad in comparison... I mean, stuff with visible pixels is ok, but those seems very BIG pixels to me :confused:

The game 'Abuse' grew on me, I had one of those discs with a few games on it including this Abuse. Bought it for other game but kept it for this Abuse.
See if I like Butcher to.

GOG's midweek sale this week is a city builder sale that doesn't include any SimCity games, nor Zeus + Poseidon, nor any Caesar.

I get that they're becoming a mainstream platform now, but this push to sell modern games is still kinda weird to me, especially considering the bestselling game from said sale is Littlewood, proving people on GOG still love their pixels.

I still miss the "Enigmatic T" as PR... there was a LOT of communication between the staff and the people at the time...

Now they don't even reply to forum questions asked by hundreds of people...

Hmm, no-one warned me that I would have to link my GOG account to my Humble account to redeem. Oh well, did it anyway.

Without actually playing it, Seven strikes me as the very epitome of "good game, but completely unnecessary." I mean, in today's crowded market, your game has to be an event. Seven isn't. That's probably why they're giving it away now though. I know logically speaking, having more choices can only be a good thing, yet for some reason I'm still way irritated by the sheer number of games on the market. I'm thinking maybe it isn't sustainable for every game to end up in a bundle, or worse, a giveaway.

Yes, you have to assume they're relying on people that either don't know that or forget to do it.

Actually they seem pretty open with that, because after confirming there's even a pretty well visible and readable note, telling that "You can manage your consents in Privacy & Settings section of your GOG account."

I like when things like this happens, instead of having to follow asterisked references or microscopic conditions at the hidden end of a page.

Back