GOG.com

Aliens VS Predator (2000) FREE on GOG if you sign for the new platform beta test in the next 48 hours

Actually I didn't used my main email, because I can't understand why they ask for it if you already have a GOG profile... so I suppose there will be new rules to be accepted for that...

I hope the game will be available even for the main profile and not only for the new client... that actually I don't want to use...

Last edited by a moderator:
Alien Versus Predator?

Wow there is a Pandora Port out,maybe i can copy the Data Files for the Pandora ;)

Thx for the Hint,i will check it this Evening ;)

thanks for that!

I wonder if we can use this game data with our AvP port trough...

^ Yeah I'm curious myself.. My store bought copy of AvP didn't work as it wasn't the gold version.

It is a modified version, they added a different protocol for multiplay and the support for newer hardware, so maybe it can be more similar to the gold version engine...

I'm downloading AVP, there is no bonus content for now, and they didn't gave me links for GOG Galaxy to download the client... I feel that the beta client will be INSIDE the game itself

EDIT: The setup will install the game in the choosen directory, AND even GOG Galaxy in the program files directory... the link created on the desktop launches GOG Galaxy, but you can choose OFFLINE to start the game without logging in.

Anyway, the game itself seems clean and you can start directly it's executable from the game folder.

There seems something missing in the gameplay anyway... I'm fairly sure the Marine had a melee attack using the back of the gun that saved my ass some times, but it is not even listed in the key mapping menu...

EDIT: now I remember, the melee works only when your gun is empty

I need to make space on the SD, but looking at the graphic and the files it seems AVP Gold Engine to me, so it should work

There is no soundtrack anyway, because it was in a separate audio CD only in the Gold version, luckily I have that CD so I will try if it will be automatically played even in this version.

same, it seems long however I get the "your mail is already registered" when trying again, which means that I will get it... later...

I didn't get AvP yet.

By the way, since Nordic took it's games (Gothic 2+3, Spellforce etc...) and left GoG after GoG shot itself in the knee with the new currency system,

they have a promo with many DRM-free titles and flat pricing at Shinyloot now:

http://www.shinyloot.com/sales#

Some of the DRM free ones weren't even available at GoG.

THE GOG AVP CLASSIC 2000 WORKS GREAT ON THE PANDORA !! :)

I just copied all the content of the game directory into "pandora/appdata/com.pawprintgames.avp" (I had to create it by hand) and started the game, SWEET !!

(Anyway I'm using a FAT SD, maybe with an EXT formatted one there will be the need to be sure that all the files are named in lower case)

EDIT: I also tried to insert the CD with the soundtrack, but even if there is a CD volume in the options seems like it doesn't play it...

EDIT: just found out that the absence of music was GOG fault, I need to download the new installer

EDIT: ok the soundtrack is already there and working now :)

Got the e-Mail yesterday, installed it, and played some multiplayer - seems to work fine. But I guess yesterday was the last time for me playing it - its just not my cup of tea. But I'm wondering wether the multiplayer mode has some "fame" attached to it. While I'm not into multiplayer very much (except coop), I do ocassionally play some multiplayer games, but AvPs multiplayer is plain boring to me

Got the code now too, anyone got a WINE configuration working in multiplayer?

I don't want to get only with my dusty WinXP gaming partition.

The new next two releases on GoG (Wings, Halfway) are regionally priced too, like most indie titles that got there after they started this mess.

It was supposed to get more big publishers rather than lose two of them (Frictional and Nordic) and making every indie dev demanding the weirdest price schemes.

They just shot themselves in the knee big time.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/regional_priced_games_on_gog/page1

http://www.gog.com/mix/regional_priced_games_on_gog

BTW: "Halfway" is the first game I noticed to be cheaper for Germans than for US citizens, normally it's the other way round.

Back