GOG.com

It was probably something that happened in the forums.

On another note, anyone else notice that Steam's version of The Witcher 2 has Linux support and GoG is still several months away from maybe eventually starting to support Linux? This should have been a no brainer for them, their pilot Linux game and it should be available now. Someone in marketing isn't doing their job.

There was a post on PandoraLive about how the Linux port is awful. Maybe they're waiting for it to get patched?

It was probably something that happened in the forums.

On another note, anyone else notice that Steam's version of The Witcher 2 has Linux support and GoG is still several months away from maybe eventually starting to support Linux? This should have been a no brainer for them, their pilot Linux game and it should be available now. Someone in marketing isn't doing their job.
Actually, the marketing guy from GoG seems to have left recently:

http://crowdtamers.com/about/about-trevor/marketing-maestro-for-hire

Akward things currently happening on gog.com in the Z release thread / Z ratings.

While I immediately removed the game from my cart as soon as I realized it is a remake, I can't understand why most people seem to rant about it without even trying it. Its currently hard to find a user review that is actually about this specific release.

As I found two mentioning that the AI is rather stupid, I'll guess I will wait for promo/sale.

Interesting, I didn't even noticed the release date... actually there are no Bitmap Brothers games on GOG, only remakes...

The automatic "upgrade" of Trine to the new "Enhanced Edition" was a cool thing to find today in my owned games :)

I can see dead iframes

(with Opera 12...)

ALSO:

- I lost all my gift tickets

- The games I already have are not pointed out on the catalogue

WTF !!! They are removing 35 games from their catalog ... why .... why I can't have all the games of the same serie on the same site...

Last edited by a moderator:
- I lost all my gift tickets
Same here, they admitted it's a bug.
The very few people that gave positive feedback primarily surf with a smartphone...

Some people said it's not good but they don't care.

Most people simply detest it because it's neither functional nor good looking and full of bugs.

So...

Jalister said:
Web designers are the bane of computers. They always think they know what everyone wants, but seem to never be right. [...]
There is no red tag anymore. When I do get a notification that something is in my account, it doesn't tell me where.

Is it a game update? A message? A forum reply? It is blank and I have to click each one to see where it is.

Still neither Chains of Satinav ($26.29), nor Memoria ($26.29), both German games, feature German language at GoG, despite the fact that they are now regionally-priced and therefore way more expensive for us. -.-

Blackguards is now $59.29 for us.

It said my password was invalid, so I've just had to reset it :(

therefore way more expensive for us.
You can choose to continue paying in USD or local currency, it's not forced upon you. It's a customer ease thing, not everyone has the ability to pay for something in USD so now they have the option of paying with their local currency. If you don't like it, don't do it, keep paying in USD.
edit: Furthermore

If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase.
If you have to pay more than the fair exchange they will give you the difference back in credit, so you aren't actually paying more.
edit edit: where are you getting those prices?

therefore way more expensive for us.
You can choose to continue paying in USD or local currency, it's not forced upon you. It's a customer ease thing, not everyone has the ability to pay for something in USD so now they have the option of paying with their local currency. If you don't like it, don't do it, keep paying in USD.

edit: Furthermore

edit edit: where are you getting those prices?
It doesn't matter in which currency you pay, I have set it back to USD immediately as this shit was implemented and copied the prices directly from what GoG tells me as the $ prices for us Western Europeans.

Paying in € is even a bit (but not much) more than the ones I got for the USD setting. They round it up to xx.x9

You'd wonder what Western Europeans have to pay at Steam in relation to what Americans have to pay.

It's really unfair especcially since Germany has very high living costs and not even a minimum wage which results in lots of 400€ jobs.

If you have to pay more than the fair exchange they will give you the difference back in credit, so you aren't actually paying more.
It has nothing to do with exchange btw as stated above, it's simply wanting more money (in $) from Eupeans than from Americans. Russians have a good time now because they only pay a fraction of either.

The difference of the amounts is huge and getting credits you cannot spend elsewhere is kind of useless when the list of regional priced games is getting longer all the time.

It's Steam wallet ... on GoG.

It doesn't matter in which currency you pay, I have set it back to USD immediately as this shit was implemented and copied the prices directly from what GoG tells me as the $ prices for us Western Europeans.
You set it to USD and the price is $26.29 for Chains of Satinav? Because when I search for it it says $19.99. You getting a different price is very suspicious and completely contradicts what they have been saying. You getting a non $x.99 price at all is very weird in itself.

You set it to USD and the price is $26.29 for Chains of Satinav? Because when I search for it it says $19.99. You getting a different price is very suspicious and completely contradicts what they have been saying.
Look at the third link.

They officially ditched their stand against regional pricing yesterday (in fact they already did with Witcher 3 some weeks ago) and still compensate with store credit, but it's obvious that even this is only a strategy for smooth change.

You set it to USD and the price is $26.29 for Chains of Satinav? Because when I search for it it says $19.99. You getting a different price is very suspicious and completely contradicts what they have been saying. You getting a non $x.99 price at all is very weird in itself.
In the UK it's $25.59

J7gQh0s.png

Back