GOG.com

Isn't that, like, all of them?
Not yet. There are 997 games on GoG now if I remember correctly, three of them are locked out from my location.

Maybe it's because of that "split games from packages" thing ?
The unbundling doesn't affect the number of the buyable game entries afaik, it only affects the user's library.

Nope, it's because the Russian discount has been vastly extended, they only had to pay a fraction from what others had to pay for newer entries for quite a while now to reward their massive piracy (or to try to get them to actually buy games, see it as you like).

Last edited by a moderator:
You might become more happy if you can manage to overcome your envy.

They've made a statement about this here:

We've decided to adjust our pricing to the realities of the market, to avoid a sense that you have to pay more to get your games DRM-free or that GOG.com games are more expensive than other stores that operate in those regions.
Not honest. Every time when I checked, GoG's prizes were consistently twice as high as the ones in the local stores, Amazon and eBay in Germany for the physical versions (including the ones that are DRM free anyway). This argument it bollocks.

You might become more happy if you can manage to overcome your envy.
So every form of critic against discrimination is envy now, thanks for the accusation.

Do you always make wild accusations towards and about random strangers in the internet and where can I find a glass ball like your's to judge people from far away with no real amount of information?

If you cannot figure it out on your own: just your particular type of obsession seems like envy to me. And IMO it fits very well with the unhappiness you continue to express elsewhere on the board.

If you cannot figure it out on your own: just your particular type of obsession seems like envy to me. And IMO it fits very well with the unhappiness you continue to express elsewhere on the board.
It would make no difference if I were a beneficiary of this discrimination, believe it or not.

Dishonesty and discrimination always rubbed me the wrong way.

Your latter observation may be due to the fact that I don't see this board as entertainment anymore (too much forced "all's well"-athmosphere for me here by now), it has dumbed down a lot (as ZiZ mentioned too very clearly) and I'm having more fun in real life atm while forums including all their trolls and oracles (like you right now) don't exactly get me jumping with joy anymore, so if my contributions seem like overall "unhappiness" to you, I may only call out your slight (probably well meant) arrogant assumptions in this point (I'm not passing a general judgement on you here).

I'm spoiled :( :

Two great new entries in gogs catalog:

Transistor, which I instantly bought (Bastion was great), but I am not sure about the Soundtrack and theres the akward regional price difference of 10 cents, I now have in my "gog wallet". And Kerbal Space program is also now available for ~30€ - and as much as I wanted it to be on a DRM free plattform I'am equally reppeled by the price. Which is really confusing as I have double standards as it seems, I have no big problem (if I can afford it) to pay 30-40€ for a game on the WiiU, but (probably due to all the sales and bundles) I have a hard time justifing to spend as much money on a PC game :wacko:

Those 10 cents seem like regional pricing for the sake of it, doesn't it?
It's really awkward.

Having to buy seperate game soundtracks as DLCs at all is not a nice move imho since you already bought the soundtrack with the game (I can't imagine the composers don't get a share of the profits today),

I could understand if it would be sold to people that do not have the game but the current system does not even allow that, you have to own the game in order to be able to buy the soundtrack, just like at Steam.

I especially have a hard time paying more on GOG than on Steam in general. DRM-free should not mean you have to pay more.
If that is what it takes to not wait several years or forever till I can play a title im Ok, not happy but Ok, with it. I like to view it from the "premium" perspective - I get an edition of a game that has more to it then the DRMed version - its a little silly, but it works for me (almost).
Those 10 cents seem like regional pricing for the sake of it, doesn't it?

It's really awkward.
it it, maybe some sort of hybrid-costing kicks in, or maybe they just doing it for "fun", who knows
Having to buy seperate game soundtracks as DLCs at all is not a nice move imho since you already bought the soundtrack with the game (I can't imagine the composers don't get a share of the profits today),

I could understand if it would be sold to people that do not have the game but the current system does not even allow that, you have to own the game in order to be able to buy the soundtrack, just like at Steam.
I still think that at some point the gog guys did not think their next system update through completly: My guess is that they just not thought about selling music/soundtracks seperatrly, so they did not implement proper mechanism, thus they needed to put it in as DLC...or maybe its some contract thingyRegarding the not inclusion of the soundtrack, as far as I did understand it, the problem was that the composer did not wanted it to be included. But I am having a hard time figuring out why he would want this specific restriction.

or maybe its some contract thingy
On Steam the Transistor soundtrack is DLC as well, bought separately. The game very much features impressive music though, they didn't just come up with some music to go in the game and then release the soundtrack with it, it very much could be its own thing. I don't know if I'm explaining well enough or doing justice to the quality of the sound track. It's obvious Supergiant planned this; I believe 100% that it deserves to be its own sale.

WTF !! Too much games... I... must... not... fall... to the dark side...

If they did it once, they'll repeat that offer forever...

What a nice match:

http://www.repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=jedioutcast_ptitseb

http://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_jedi_knight_ii_jedi_outcast

http://www.repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=jediacademy_ptitseb

http://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_jedi_knight_jedi_academy

If they did it once, they'll repeat that offer forever...
That's what I thought about Arx Fatalis and Gothic 1 too.

Gothic 1 is on sale once a year for a very short period of time and Arx Fatalis not at all.

Anyway some of these are really overpriced... Jedy Outcast 9€ WTF !!

It's a very good game, but come on !! They will sell them only in bundles...

just wait for a promo, it's pretty easy to get game with a 50-80% rebate on gog...

just wait for a promo, it's pretty easy to get game with a 50-80% rebate on gog...
I don't find the promos on GOG to be near as good as Steam though. Old games should be for grabs at less than 1 USD much more often than that! COme on, you get Skyrim for like 5USD on Steam relatively frequently, GOG is borderline stealing in terms of prices.  

or maybe its some contract thingy
The game very much features impressive music though, they didn't just come up with some music to go in the game and then release the soundtrack with it, it very much could be its own thing. I don't know if I'm explaining well enough or doing justice to the quality of the sound track. It's obvious Supergiant planned this; I believe 100% that it deserves to be its own sale.
I know, it is basically the same with Bastion. But currently I am not sure if this is worth 5€ as I am a bit disappointed by it (probably because I had too high expectations after Bastion)
I don't find the promos on GOG to be near as good as Steam though. Old games should be for grabs at less than 1 USD much more often than that! COme on, you get Skyrim for like 5USD on Steam relatively frequently, GOG is borderline stealing in terms of prices.
Maybe gogs offers aren't too expensive, but Steams are too cheap ? I don't want to say I would not like it if games would be cheaper on gog, but I wonder wether having such drastic prices drops is really beneficial for the "classic" pc games sales model > "Free to play" ?

but I wonder wether having such drastic prices drops is really beneficial for the "classic" pc games
There's no reason to pay games so expensive in the age of digitial distribution. That cut down so much of the "inventory + distribution + intermediates" costs that existed before in the age of 40-50 dollars games, now virtually all new games should be sold at less than 15 dollars or less than 10 dollars even and devs and publishers would make just as much money as before.  

Back