Gnuboy (14-12-2005) (gb/c Emu For Gp2x)!!!

kenb0y

Still Fresh
" Gnuboy (14-12-2005) (GB/C emu for GP2x)
posted by Kojote at 7:47:53 CET on Wednesday, 14. 12. 2005
K-teto has ported the open source Gameboy/Color emulator Gnuboy to the GP2x! It seems to emulate most games at full speed. More information in spanish language can be found at the original release thread. There doesn't seem to be a file selector yet, so the ROM needs to be named rom.gbc.

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showpost.ph...tcount=15"

kenb0y posted on Dec 14 2005 at 07:18 AM said:
" Gnuboy (14-12-2005) (GB/C emu for GP2x)
posted by Kojote at 7:47:53 CET on Wednesday, 14. 12. 2005
K-teto has ported the open source Gameboy/Color emulator Gnuboy to the GP2x! It seems to emulate most games at full speed. More information in spanish language can be found at the original release thread. There doesn't seem to be a file selector yet, so the ROM needs to be named rom.gbc.

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showpost.ph...tcount=15"

it also has no sound or controls acording to the author. but looks good so far it just needs a little time.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could always write some scripts for individual games, of course... might take a while, but not too long I imagine, if you aren't using thousands of roms...

The 'GBC quick plays' thread linked on the left hand side of the front page of gp32x is a good start if you don't know about GBC games. Not that you'll be able to play them on the GP2X before an emulator which has controls is released!

barnesy posted on Dec 14 2005 at 01:17 PM said:
The 'GBC quick plays' thread linked on the left hand side of the front page of gp32x is a good start if you don't know about GBC games. Not that you'll be able to play them on the GP2X before an emulator which has controls is released!

thanks for the hint, I missed that.

Tobriand posted on Dec 14 2005 at 10:33 AM said:
You could always write some scripts for individual games, of course... might take a while, but not too long I imagine, if you aren't using thousands of roms...

better still, write a script that generates lots of scripts based on the roms it finds :)

Unfortunately this crashes every time i press the start button for me. Looks very promising though, Ive been hanging out for a gameboy emulator.

Yea, important things to do

-Sound
-Controls
-bigger screen

Then I have my present for christmas :p

Aimless_E posted on Dec 14 2005 at 07:58 AM said:
Crap and I was just about to start porting mednafen! :( Ohh well. :)
Please go ahead. There is no reason to have only one emu per system. Competition is always good. :) It makes things better.

Back