Gnuboy (14-12-2005) (gb/c Emu For Gp2x)

iignotus posted on Dec 15 2005 at 09:25 PM said:
stepp posted on Dec 15 2005 at 03:58 PM said:
Nice emulator but the screen size is wayyyy too small.....good work though :)
Not having played it, I'm guessing it's the size of the Gameboy's screen itself? 160x144 sounds about right.

Yes!

I really really!!! hope that the dev will continue his work on this emu. SNES / Neogeo haven't been updated for a long time.

Important things for me would be:

- Option to increase and decrease sound volume
- Double screen size
- Speed optimization / Sound optimization (its a bit ASYNC)
- File Browser
- Fixing problems with savegames in some games (for example Wario 3)

Last edited by a moderator:
iignotus posted on Dec 15 2005 at 04:25 PM said:
stepp posted on Dec 15 2005 at 03:58 PM said:
Nice emulator but the screen size is wayyyy too small.....good work though :)
Not having played it, I'm guessing it's the size of the Gameboy's screen itself? 160x144 sounds about right.

Yeah ... I dont mind playing in the native screen size. Full-screen gets too pixelated IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
sick shit, gnuboy is on par with fgb32 :ph34r:

i've got LSDj on my card and none of the ... "high frequency" sound stuff works (sample playback, hf vibrato) but it's still usable ...

here's the .rc i came up with, button mapping is a big deal to get LSDj feeling "right" ... it's an instrument after all :lol:

Code:
set vmode 320 240 16
fullscreen 1
unbindall
bind joy0 +up
bind joy1 +up +left
bind joy2 +left
bind joy3 +left +down
bind joy4 +down
bind joy5 +down +right
bind joy6 +right
bind joy7 +right +up
bind joy13 +a
bind joy15 savestate
bind joy9 reset
bind joy8 quit
bind joy10 +start
bind joy11 +select
bind joy14 +b
bind joy12 loadstate

i like the start button going back to the main menu, like it does for other GP2X applications.

the sholder buttons are for select and start so you can do muting and move around the map with ease.

joy15 aka Y will save your progress!

i may do a full blown review of littleSoundDj but i might also wait for an emulator with better sound support--the review would be half bad as is, but at least i can do SOME music on the go if i have nothing but my gp2x w/ me B)

hmmm I've noticed that one of the two GBC emmulators are supposed to have sound but for some reason neither of them seem to have any for me. I've also noticed that my nkSNES suddenly has no sound either! I still have sound in DrMDx though...

Anyone else notice this?

fullscreen is not possible yet, cause it needs hardware scaling or a new software scaler. The current software scaler in gnuboy only supports 1x (original), 2x (320x288=too big), 3x (really to big).
so fullscreen wont work until someone codes a new scaler for it

ok... Does anybody else have problems with savegames?

I trust more the savestate function than the savegames of a game :D
Sometimes they disappear (have to begin the game from start) or there outdatet...

Back