Crystal Babes Wip (gp2x & Gp32)

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
Few guys (Baggers and Skyrunner) along with me are working on a new puzzle game for the GP2x and GP32, most highly a Dreamcast and Pocket PC version will be available as well... We also try to get this game ported to the PSP and PS2 once it reaches a final stage.

The game is called "Crystal Babes" and the concept is based upon an old Amiga classic called Gem'X by Kaiko. It's basicly a "Lights Out" game with different colors. The game has an erotic-touch but should be still okay for younger people. There are already 120 fully playable levels and there will be more.

Here are two teaser shots:

cb-1.jpg
cb-2.jpg
[cut]

Most of the people involved in this project have worked on several different freeware games, but this time we prolly go to publish this title as low cost commercial game for around 2-5 EUR (3-7 US$). It was a hard decision, but free games don't pay our flat and don't feed our families. The price will be kept as low as possible, but we just don't give anything away for free again. The ones who can life with our decision are welcome to buy a copy, the others should wait for a while till we will release the game into the public domain pool - which will probably take around 12 months.

A "Demo" version with 20 levels will be available to the public within the next two months.

News Source: PDR Webboard[/cut]

i agree, its a price that no one would have troubles with, it could even be abit higher, since games for the gp2x are larger than the j2me mobile games.

I love the business model! :) And I'm wondering if this will play different from the other million puzzle games I've played so far. :D

Sounds good - were this 2 years ago, I'd almost certainly buy this; not using my 2x enough to justify commercial game buyage atm though.

Unlikely - if a new ScummVM release doesn't have me jumping on it, a nice-looking puzzler is unlikely to. I just don't travel as much as I used to. Or rather, I do it by bike, which would not be sensible to use a 2x at the same time as riding. Except for music. Maybe. Tenous...

Back