glshim

I've created a compatibility wiki on github: https://github.com/lunixbochs/glshim/wiki/Compatibility

Keeping the compatibility wiki up to date and creating GitHub issues if you run into any problems will help me stay organized :)

Additionally - for anyone not compiling the library themselves by now, I uploaded a new version today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question : 

For 2D games that have both SDL and OpenGL support, which is faster? Using SDL or OpenGL through your LibGL ? Or does it depend on the game ? 

Every issue I put in the compatibility list can be fixed.

Blitting sprites with SDL isn't painfully slow, but it really depends on the game.

Ar you still in contact with the guy from img because of the tiled rendering bug?

I made test set for openGL. It is from NeHe tutorials http://nehe.gamedev.net tested to work on modern Linux (e.g. Ubuntu). It is not automatic runnable, but batch compilation and manually runnable.

It can be used to

*compare different openGL implementations, e.g. glshim VS mesa.

*compare glshim on different devices, e.g. pandora VS maemo VS RasberryPI

*check regression of glshim

*check compliancy of glshim

git clone https://git.gitorious.org/opengl-testkit/opengl-testkit.git
cd opengl-testkit/
./compile_all.sh
-> Results (binary + data) will be in directory 'result' for run or moved to the target device (in case of cross-compilation).

It contains 41 example application, and needs GL,GLU,SDL. And some of them also GLUT (e.g. freeglut3) and SDL_mixer.

I hope to hear how Pandora cope them.

--------

Results running on Maemo5/N900: (glshim+glues/glu at Jul 31, 2013)

(compile failure)
lesson22: doesn't compile: undefined reference to `glMultiTexCoord2fARB'
lesson41: doesn't compile: undefined reference to `glFogCoordfEXT'

(issues)
lesson08: 'Mipmapped Filtering' shows only white (press two times 'f')
lesson12: Boxes do not have texture, only solid color
lesson13: Only black screen (there should be text moving).
lesson27: scene is grey (should be blue). Keyboard doesn't work.
lesson34: Keyboard doesn't work.
lesson36: light are too bright, almost full scene. object (corkscrew?) is not visible
lesson37: shadowing (shaders?) missing
lesson39: Almost black screen. Something moving top of the screen. (should be grid, text and moving points)

(segmentation fault)
lesson30: Segmentation fault (somewhere at CreateGLWindow)
lesson31: Segmentation fault (somewhere at CreateGLWindow)
lesson48: Segmentation fault (at NeHeGL.cpp:120)

-------

Results running on Ubuntu 64bit (not related to glshim, but for note that tests could be better):
lesson23: Circle on the screen is only lines (should be same image again)
lesson28: Height of Bitmap: 1572865 (really 256)

I don't know if it is just the mobile version of the website, but when I search it says there is a match in this thread but doesn't tell me which page (or take me to a page with it on). Either way, assuming it is duplicate information! I will tell John to check out your lib instead ;)

@pmprog just tried that, on my mobile, Chrome browser, running Android 4.1, and on the search results, clicking the thread title takes me to the first post

@mcobit That appears to be a duplicate of pmprog's post, just two entries up; you should have done a forum search. :)

But yes, I didn't do a search in the first place; sorry about that. Looks like regal is known about - now time to stop posting in this thread, taking time away from lunixboch working on WINE ;)

I have tried a few variants with no luck... Possible the games I tried to port ha E weird requirements or are hitting stubbed code :/

Will... Keep... Trying

I have tried a few variants with no luck... Possible the games I tried to port ha E weird requirements or are hitting stubbed code :/

Will... Keep... Trying
What do you mean "no luck"? What were the symptoms? :)

I get a splash screen and then crash to prompt... I am guessing it is either Lua imploding or possibly a glshim issue. I was trying to run in gdb but got dwarf 2/4 issues... Might try to do a latest gdb build tonight to try and triage it.

Back