Will These Headers Be Supported?

nat1192

Still Fresh
I am working on a porting project that uses SDL (for the most part) but also uses the following headers:
CODE
#include <GL/gl.h>
#include <GL/glu.h>
#include <GL/glext.h>

I know that it will be using OpenGL Es 2.0, but does ES support these?

Also, is it safe to assume a quick port of zlib (if it isn't ported already)?

hey

I think OpenGL ES might use different headers, anyhows if you are using SDL plus OpenGL then you should use SDL_opengl.h instead, although I found this can be a pain with extensions. Hmm, I think OpenGL ES supports most functions of OpenGL, but if you are unsure then you can checkout the OpenGL ES API reference or whatever.

If you do want to include glext.h, that is you may want to use GLEW or whatever to handle extensions (I found I had to use GLEW on Linux, had issues compiling with my own extension management code or whatever, although I had no issues on Win32) then you need to #define NO_SDL_GLEXT.

Anyhows I hope this helps.

edit
Ohh nevermind, I see you are porting a project from SDL, and so you are not actually using SDL. Actually I dunno, hehe.

cyas

You'll want to be using OpenGL ES's headers, probably <GLES2/gl2.h> and <GLES2/gl2ext.h> for 2.0. You can download these from Khronos.
There doesn't seem to be a standard GLU, but this page claims there should be ES-compatible GLU functions floating around on the internet. A quick search yielded this implementation for OpenGL ES 1.1 on the iPhone; maybe something could be adapted from there.

The functions available are mostly a subset of the normal OpenGL ones, so as I understand it, you could actually compile against the standard headers if you constrained yourself to using only the supported functions, or you could include the ES headers and link to a standard OpenGL library.

Surely zlib is ported everywhere by now? Compiling it for a Linux system on an ARM architecture should prove to be highly uneventful.

Back