glshim

How cool is that?

Thx Linuxbochs for releasing ^_^

I prepared a Image for everyone who want to experiment with LinuxBochs GL Libs.

This is a SD Image with 2x Slackware insided.

First is the normal Slackware 14 who boot with Mesa GL,

but when you press L1 while putting on the Pandora and choose "boot from SD1"

then load the Slackware 14 with Linuxbochs GL Files and you can

test your Mesa Compiled Software on this Second Operating system. ;)

Download here:

http://qemu.openpandora.org/PandoraOperatingSystems/2xSlackwareWithLinuxbochsGLIB.imz

You need a 16 GB Card and attantion,some SD Cards are a bit Bytes too small,then use another one ^_^

Now can everyone test Linuxbochs GL ;)

Is there any reason why we shouldn't put this in the default firmware? That way we don't need to include it in every PND, and if it improves, everything that uses it can automatically improve with it...
As it is now it would break all mesaGL.
It would be nice if unimplemented routines could be handled by mesa.

That way it would be a more seamless transition with actual improved performance on each update instead of total breakage with missing implementations.

It would be nice if unimplemented routines could be handled by mesa.
We wouldn't get much from that. IIRC the only major thing in 1.x that wouldn't require rendering in MESA and pasting a texture to the screen is the glMap/mesh functions, which would probably be easier to implement myself than a Mesa bridge.

Much beyond 1.x and you start dipping into shader territory, which Mesa won't help us with.

There's a GL ES rendering backend for Mesa, and afaik it's still really slow.

----

As for putting it in the firmware:

It's a quirky library. I've had regressions. It's hard to get the rendering just right. I don't know if that's the best idea yet. It's almost as easy to break functionality in a previously-working game as it is to fix.

I do think we should patch firmware SDL to only use one XOpenDisplay for GL though if that doesn't break anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news about the qemu version which "leaks" gl calls to the host os and is binded to lunixbochs opengl wrapper?

Just wanted to say thanks again for the port of Stepmania... managed to hook it up to the TV and play with a PS1 controller via USB so dance mats should work fine (still trying to find mine...)

The only real issues are lack of any background and hold arrows; you can't see where they end... I don't suppose you have managed to fix any of these problems with an updated GL lib? :)

I'm not sure what happened to the hold arrows. They originally worked. I can't remember how aggressively I regression tested. I don't know if it's an issue with my StepMania build or a bug in libGL :)

Any news about the qemu version which "leaks" gl calls to the host os and is binded to lunixbochs opengl wrapper?
You can track progress in the "passthru" branch. It doesn't do anything too exciting yet.

I'm not sure what happened to the hold arrows. They originally worked. I can't remember how aggressively I regression tested. I don't know if it's an issue with my StepMania build or a bug in libGL :)

You can track progress in the "passthru" branch. It doesn't do anything too exciting yet.
Woho thats News :)

Should i compile it on PC or Pandora ?

And have you a direct Download Link?

Should i compile and install this first and then compile Qemu that Qemuconfig recognize it?

Ok, so finaily I started using lunixboch's libGL.

An awesome peace of software.

I used it to port Critical Mass very easily. Just a direct port. I'll try some more difficult port than.

I have seen that a GLES2 port is on the work. I haven't tried it yet, but that's awesome new also that some shader maybe coming!

ptitSeb: that's awesome. Glad to have other people using it ;)

The ES2 version should work for making contexts, it just can't translate shaders yet. If you port a shader by hand a basic program will work in theory. I got a spinning cube to render.

ptitSeb: that's awesome. Glad to have other people using it ;)

The ES2 version should work for making contexts, it just can't translate shaders yet. If you port a shader by hand a basic program will work in theory. I got a spinning cube to render.
I'm not yet at compiling games/tools that require GLSL, but that good to know :)

I have compiled and installed the Passthrough branch

before i compiled Qemu and Wine.
Need more Time to Test,results soon :)

Edit: Compiled LXDREAM Too with that but cannot open a Display=GLX Error.

But Qemu has show while Configuring "GLX=YES" ^_^

The passthru branch is incomplete, as said before. It does not yet do anything except generate proxy stubs that print the called functions.

The latest source supports some glMap functions. I've only tested it with 2d bezier curves.

Back