glshim

You can use newer SGX drivers if you don't use X (GL in framebuffer mode) and I think performance is a bit better.

All of this is of course is moot if the app in question uses X directly for something.

You can use newer SGX drivers if you don't use X (GL in framebuffer mode) and I think performance is a bit better.

All of this is of course is moot if the app in question uses X directly for something.
That should be rare, most are using GLX which is provided by this wrapper

Linuxbochs, im guessing on how your emulating the GLX, but instead of giving EGL the X display and surface give it NULL. You just need a black window in the background, which you might already have with SDL_GL functions

A bit offtopic, but are there allready useable ports using this wrapper? Is aquaria working on a Pandora (without Android)?

Now can i make Videos again.

I try this tomorrow again with Slackware.maybe i can make 2 Partitions on the SD and with autoboot work then the normal Slackware and with press L Button use it the boot.txt which load Slackware with modificated LibGL Libs from you :)

Then try i some Games to Compile with Mesa GL and try to execute them with the second Slackware with your GL Libs :)

I am curious what all work for Games;)

I must buy a 32 Gb SD Card for this.

Linuxbochs allow you me to share a Image for other Users for testing when i real can finish this and it work?

Or can you make a install PND with the warning that is experimental only for testing?

A install and undo PND should be cool and make Things more easyjet,then can you install and uninstall the Files via PND.

I see no Risk for you when you write thats only experimental for testing and no warranty,maybe with updatescript when you release newer Versions ;)

The rights are in your Hands,because its your work ;)

I think that many Users should be happy with a eeasy install PND :D

I don't want to speak for linuxbochs, but he said earlier he doesn't want PND published while there is still problems with X11 handing.
Without some PuTTY (or other SSH) properly setup, that means a crash at the exit, and a hard reset to exit. With a ssh connection, you can "kill -9" the hanged process.

About testing, it's not that difficult, even without PND. The libGL.so (and libGLU;so if needed) is published, so you can copy it in your NAND if you really want to test (with some "sudo cp path/to/libGL.so /usr/lib/" for example), or you can take code::blocks and overwrite the libGL shipped (that is the software MESA libGL) with this one, or you can even keep all in place, compile with MesaGL, create a PND, and replace de libGL only in the PND (that is what I've done for example to test Jumpman, that works well exept if hang at the exit).

I you want to practice, I suggest you try with Jumpan. The speed of it with the linuxbochs'libGL is amazing ! Especialy if you compare with MesaGL !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
He posted, that he has a fix for the X11 stuff already.

Edit: Also I am not entirely sure if a binary distribution of aquaria is even allowed.

If yomeone releases an aquaria pnd, be sure to use latest openal lib!

Ah right,i forgottr Code Blocks,that must work into it too and i just need 2 fast Sticks with the PND and Appdata for good work.

Thx again for the Tip :)

So a cool work from you Linuxbochs,thx again

Nice, List of things that eduke32 still complains about: ;)

Failed to find glRectd in libGL.so.1
Failed to find glTexCoord2i in libGL.so.1
Failed to find glRasterPos4i in libGL.so.1
Failed to find glTexGenfv in libGL.so.1
Keep up the good work!

Now it doesn't complain anymore, but the result is a complete hand with blackscreen.

If you set the environment variable LIBGL_DIRECTFB=1 it'll draw directly to the framebuffer. This can fix the X issues, at the expense of potentially breaking the output :)

Otherwise: libpreload doesn't fix the issue if SDL is statically linked against xlib, which is the case in the Pandora stock OS. Can you test in PanDebian?

Compiled lwjgl against this, figured it may work a little better than getting lwjglES working properly (or maybe not, we'll see). Getting some "glXGetProcAddress: XXX not found" errors when I try to run stuff.

"glXCopyContext not found", glXGetFBConfigs, glXSwapIntervalSGI, glXSwapIntervalExt, glXCreateContextAttribsARB, glXEnumerateVideoDevicesNV, glXBindVideoCaptureDeviceNV.

Are these things that can be fixed in the wrapper or would I need to fix them in the lwjgl library somewhere?

Those aren't super important functions. Does it break as a result? Minecraft might actually work by now if the initialization steps work.

To clarify "glXGetProcAddress: XXX not found" is a warning message output *by libGL itself* indicating we couldn't find a function and returned a NULL instead. The program will potentially work anyway, especially with functions like glXSwapIntervalSGI.

It does break but I'm not sure if it's a result of those missing functions or not yet. I'm still poking around with it.

Back