glshim

lunixbochs, I have uploaded the binary to here:

http://temp-share.com/show/KdPfzUyFh

This build has the call to SDL_GL_SwapBuffers which hangs. In terms of the fact everything is black in game, I am not sure whether this is really anything to do with you, as I've just tried running against nanoGL and I also get a black screen there, not really sure what is going on. Probably running towards the limits of where I'm going to get to with my quick hacks. I wonder if anyone else would be interested in helping get AVP running on Pandora, I guess I should make another thread for that.

To get the binary to get to the point where it goes wrong, you'll need to get the data from an AVP Gold install, then lowercase all the file and folder names (not my requirement, but it is a windows game, so the asset loading is not case sensitive as it needs to be on linux), and then set an environment variable AVP_DATA to the data location before running. Then when you run you need the command line option '-g libs/libGL.so.1' obviously pointing to your libGL.so.1.

With regards to libpreload I am not using this, I guess I should find out what this is and how I should use it?

Keep in mind AVP is wierd in that it uses SW SDL for the menu and then used SDL GL for the in game. I suspect if the SW SDL isnt shutdown it may not let EGL run.

Exciting stuff indeed. When I saw cube running on the pandora I was amazed.

Just out of question, any chance of implementing glReadPixels so you can shoot stuff properly in Cube?

glReadPixels exists in GL ES. We can't read from the depth buffer, however. Cube needs to be patched with a different targeting algorithm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice !

I tested the libGL with Jumpman. It works very well, graphics are perfect now.

I still have the hang at the exit. May I post the PND here for easier debug?

I just fixed a ton of rendering issues (new version up). Aquaria and Neverball are now visually acceptable.
I also added glVertex4* and a ton of new stubs.
When will we get get these games the repo? :) I have aquaria in my humble bundle collection.

I refuse to allow any releases with libGL as long as we still have issues with X11 freezing :)

It looks like apps try to query X11 and the X socket just never responds.

I already have a Jumpman compile myself so I can test without a pnd.

I refuse to allow any releases with libGL as long as we still have issues with X11 freezing :)

It looks like apps try to query X11 and the X socket just never responds.

I already have a Jumpman compile myself so I can test without a pnd.
Ok, I understand, no problem.

Impressive videos...congrats :)   and hope you find soon a solution for X11 freezing, can't wait to play Aquaria on Pandora :wub:

X11 is overrated anyway..

7 pages deep in a partially-related thread isn't necessarily the best place to announce this, but here's my win of the day: I have a working fix for X11 freezes. This includes pretty much any way of freezing X11 using libGL, as well as pure GLES apps trying to call WarpMouse, GrabInput, etc.

The solution? Wrap XOpenDisplay() to always return the same display. SDL originally opened *three* displays (one for input, one for 2d, one for 3d?). With this hack, it now uses the same pointer for all three.

Why does this work? I believe the PVR X11 driver does nasty things if you use connections to X11 other than the one you used to create the rendering context. That, and/or our version of X11 is old and buggy and causes this all on its own.

Every single freeze test I have works perfectly when loaded with my latest libpreload.so, and GrabInput, WarpMouse etc work without any problems.

Back