Glbasic/gp2x.de Competition Entries Posted

Tobriand

Website
Visit site
Some of you will remember the competition set up by GLbasic and GP2x.de announced at the start of the year. Well, the results aren't out yet, but the entries are (all 15 of them)! And they look very very fun indeed, for the most part!

So take some time out while it's snowing and cold and somewhat miserable outside and decide which one you think ought to win!

(Source: 32me's post)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobriand said:
So take some time out while it's snowing and cold and somewhat miserable outside and decide which one you think ought to win!
It is warm and nice outside for me and it is sad that some entries are WIPs

Some entries are WIPs, that's true. But I played them all and I have to say even the WIPs are fairly complete and playable.
All in all a great competition.

sbock said:
Quiest said:
I totally prefer Blox, great game!
Full Ack. Blox for the win!

You're biased though Stephan, you helped with development :p

Thanks for the support guys :D

There are some fantastic games and WIPs there. It's all down to the judging now though.

iprice said:
sbock said:
Quiest said:
I totally prefer Blox, great game!
Full Ack. Blox for the win!

You're biased though Stephan, you helped with development :p

Thanks for the support guys :D

There are some fantastic games and WIPs there. It's all down to the judging now though.

Haha... yeah. :lol:

Question though, it seems the version that was uploaded in the GLBasic site is a more recent one and kind of fixed the exit menu problem In-game, but it seems to have a debugging number left on-screen. The D-pad controls (left & right, not L & R) for the menu bar also still locks-up and become unresponsive once touchscreen is used In-game. Will these be fixed, or is this the final version? :huh:

Anyway, even though I'm biased, B'lox! is definitely a great game. :D

EDIT:

I also tried the rest of the entries. Some were indeed still WIPs, and I hope that they would be further worked on.

It was very obvious which entry was quasist's, for it has the unique quasist feel to it. :lol:

Mookmac said:
Has anyone tried 9 Lives?? I'm interested to know what people think of it, I only spent a week putting it togeather before I got bored which is why its very short and still far from perfect.
I tried it out, and at first, I got confused on how to play it, but after reading the instructions (a couple of times :p ) and playing for a while, I got the hang of it.

It's a fun game, but too short and incomplete. Adding more puzzles and challenge would be great. It also really needs some more polish as there some glitches and inconsistencies here and there, and the controls are uneven for both D-pad and Touchscreen, as each method can't fully access the game. Also, a password system? Why not just save the progress instead?

Thanks for this, and I hope it would be improved. :)

Manjuu said:
It was very obvious which entry was quasist's
Ofcource, if it was signed by my nickname

Haha... yeah. :lol:

Question though, it seems the version that was uploaded in the GLBasic site is a more recent one and kind of fixed the exit menu problem In-game, but it seems to have a debugging number left on-screen. The D-pad controls (left & right, not L & R) for the menu bar also still locks-up and become unresponsive once touchscreen is used In-game. Will these be fixed, or is this the final version? :huh:

Anyway, even though I'm biased, B'lox! is definitely a great game. :D

This isn't the final version of B'lox! but as I'm unable to compile a full version just yet (someone else compiled it for me), so I can't update and post it. After the comp, if I haven't already got a copy of GLB, I will be purchasing it, especially since I've got something else I'm working on for pc and GP2X -

Very early WIP image
shark02.PNG

quasist said:
Manjuu said:
It was very obvious which entry was quasist's
Ofcource, if it was signed by my nickname

Well even by just looking at a screenshot, I kind of guessed it was your entry. :lol:

iprice said:
This isn't the final version of B'lox! but as I'm unable to compile a full version just yet (someone else compiled it for me), so I can't update and post it. After the comp, if I haven't already got a copy of GLB, I will be purchasing it, especially since I've got something else I'm working on for pc and GP2X -
Looking forward to playing that. :)

Simon Parzer said:
Anyone played Klaur (my entry)? What do you think about it?

It's this one:
Klaur.png
Reminds me of a game named "JetPack"

I've never seen that game before (BTW it's now been officially released for free by the authors). I'll have to have a looksee later.

There are some corking ideas in the comp, even if the execution hasn't been fully realised, due to lack of time or access to real GP2X machines.
I hope some of the WIPs get completed :)

simon the touchscreen doesn't seem to work in your game klaur. I also posted this on the glbasic forum. What i mean is that to input your name you have to use the dpad and minigames just plain can't be played for me. I can't get past the opening screen for a minigame since tapping does nothing. Every other games touchscreen support worked fine for me.

Back