Gizmondo

I have one and it's pretty good. I used to play the GTA clone, Colors.
You have one of everything!

I remember back in the day the old GP32 devs loathed the Gizmondo because it was so inefficient at manually updating the framebuffer. This really sucked for emulators. Doing one at 60FPS was impossible even though the CPU was quite a bit faster than even GP2X's. The old Neo Freerunner phones ended up going through a similar problem. I guess that's what you got with a GPU that was more like the discrete style, with dedicated RAM and control of outputting to the display.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one also, it's pretty good - for the time. Solidly built, games were good . The reason it failed was the ludicrous price they asked and of course the CEO tie in to the mafia doesn't help.

Fun fact: not many people are aware of this, actually Gizmondos go for decent cash these days as a retro collectible on eBay, BUT , they are still being made by the original Chinese manufacturer ROSON.

In fact you can still buy them from Alibaba from ROSON here:

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=Gizmondo

I have one and it's pretty good. I used to play the GTA clone, Colors.
You have one of everything!

I remember back in the day the old GP32 devs loathed the Gizmondo because it was so inefficient at manually updating the framebuffer. This really sucked for emulators. Doing one at 60FPS was impossible even though the CPU was quite a bit faster than even GP2X's. The old Neo Freerunner phones ended up going through a similar problem. I guess that's what you got with a GPU that was more like the discrete style, with dedicated RAM and control of outputting to the display.
The Neo Freerunner even the GTA04, and the mighty NEO 900 are sentenced to suck by default. 

Hi guys,

Just found mine in the cupboard and being easy annoyed by small things, I find myself not happy as I can't set the time and date. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wat?

If its been in the cupboard for a long time the battery may be dead.

Back