wow gizmondo has a ton of hype
That's because they use lying screenies. :angry:

I thought it was sarcasm :huh:

I actually am a bit interested in Gizmondo. :p
it was

Last edited by a moderator:
fdave posted on Dec 2 2004 at 09:52 AM said:
rov posted on Dec 2 2004 at 03:37 AM said:
> And I don't even think it's open source...

at you to say TT to open it to the homebrew
http://petitiongizmondo.euro.st/ or http://procvor.free.fr/gizmondo/

Gizmondo isn't even open source? Right so it's ugly, expensive and not made by Nintendo, and it's closed as well...

...What's the point?

Best handhold is still GP32 by the look of things :p

By the way, um, fdave, whatever became of that useless hack of yours known as Cyclone? :ph34r:

As you see I was joking as that "Hack" has made possible many a great things on ARM based systems such as the GP32. There are three MD emus alone on the GP32 using it. Have you seen the latest to use it? It is called DrMD by Reesy and it is phenominal, full speed MD emulation WITH Z80 sound. The only thing is that all use the Cyclone which has that bug in it. Has anything been found out about that bug? What has become of the Cyclone project? I know Reesy has hinted at wanting to look at the source to try to help with ferreting out the bug. Maybe he could help? Just a thought.

Cheers

finty101 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 06:14 PM said:
They must be doing something right, a friend in school enquired to me if they were any good. I told him to fuck off, before stamping on his feet.

Word? Because I did the same thing. :D generally most people who ask about it get told by people who know about it to forget about it.

When the DS and PSP are released devices like this really don't stand a chance. The GP32 is lucky that it has so many great games and applications already available which should mean that the community keeps it alive, but the Gizmondo hasn't even started. RIP.

When the DS and PSP are released devices like this really don't stand a chance. The GP32 is lucky that it has so many great games and applications already available which should mean that the community keeps it alive, but the Gizmondo hasn't even started. RIP.

No homebrew on the Giz either, BAH!

do the DS and PSP have built in GPRS,camera,gps and bluetooth siting on an OS??

different markets i believe (especially with the price of the unit compared to the DS and PSP)

Microsoft are looking at the gizmondo, after all they dont have a handheld system and they normally gobble up companies rather than develop stuff themselves.

Microsoft buying gizmondo is really the only survival option for the gizmondo and if that happens then its a fantastic business plan for the gizmondo investors and board......

xbox portable anyone? halo on the move?

different markets i believe (especially with the price of the unit compared to the DS and PSP)

Microsoft are looking at the gizmondo, after all they dont have a handheld system and they normally gobble up companies rather than develop stuff themselves.

Microsoft buying gizmondo is really the only survival option for the gizmondo and if that happens then its a fantastic business plan for the gizmondo investors and board......

I don't think Microsoft would buy it. They would look quite lame compared to the PSP which has a screen that is twice as big and double the resolution. They wouldn't want to appear weak next to Sony.

That's all well & good but it's irrelevant when your closest competitors are pricing you out of the market with an arguably superior product. Who would honestly buy a Giz at £250+ when you can get a PSP or DS for 150+? The extra features won't tempt many when the other two offer a much larger and probably better quality catalogue of games, and in the PSP's case better graphics & more advanced hardware. If they'd decided to support the homebrew community as Gamepark and Tapwave have perhaps they'd shift a few units and keep the Gizmondo alive, but if they're hoping to sell this through the power of its games catalogue and extra features alone they're fighting an uphill battle.

I wish Gizmondo well - anyone who tries to fight Nintendo and Sony in their own back yard gets my vote - but I'm being realistic here. They don't stand a chance. I'd be surprised if the Gizmondo was still on sale this time next year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. How would you live down telling your mates what it was.

"What's that?" says mate 1

"It's a Gizmondo." you cough into your beer.

"A What?" asks mate 2

"A Gizmondo." you reply.

"Here's your coat." says mate 1

I don't think Microsoft would buy it. They would look quite lame compared to the PSP which has a screen that is twice as big and double the resolution. They wouldn't want to appear weak next to Sony.

AFAIK they *have* bought it. there's the odd tv/poster advert here in the UK plus banners on the bottom of MSN messenger...

Back