Giz Homebrew

Yeah Supa, if the giz is so fuckin' fantastic why bother with the lowly GP2X boards? Critical goes and ports a bunch of emus and you have a big fat hard on for the giz with its tiny screen and funky non-standard battery. Go have fun with it and don't bother here.

DaveC, not everybody is as simpleminded as you, some of us are capable of enjoying more than one handheld at a time especially if they do not all have a 3,5" 4:3 screen, digital controller, no real graphics acelteration, a 320x240 resolution and AA batteries.

We all know that you can´t understand why not every handheld has those specs.

I don´t want to defend the giz, its a horrible piece of hardware imo, but it always beats me how you are able to defame all opinions that differ from yours everytime another handheld is mentioned.
You are so predictable, i could even write a DaveC emulator:

DaveC emulator posted on all the time said:
someone posted on eventually said:
Eww, screen too big, battery not changeable, resolution too high, analog controller.
Why don´t you go to the Zodiac boards, people will never learn :rolleyes:

Eww, screen too small, battery not changeable, DRM closed, ugly.
Why don´t you go to the Gizmondo boards, people will never learn :rolleyes:

Eww, screen too wide, resolution too high, blurry screen, digital controller sucks.
Why don´t you go to the PSP boards, people will never learn :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
NOVA,

Yes the offer is still on, they are reducing all the Gizmondo stock at HMV due to the company going under.

It may have been more, but i seam to remember somebody saying only 12 HMV stores in the UK stocked the Gizmondo (i may have been wrong).

The last time somebody did a stock check from me, one of the London stores still had plenty units and a few games. I think it was Oxford Street, but this was a couple of weks ago now.

Its worth going to your local store and asking as sometimes they are out back with the other games consoles.

Argos are doing the console for £60 and Comet are doing it with the Sat Nav software for just over £110 (but you will have to ask instore). The sat nav software regularly sells for £90+ on ebay, so if you can get one thats a giz for £20

Cheers for the advice mate, I'll see if i can get my hands on one, 'cos, good or bad, it's still a piece of gaming history.

Current high bidder for one on "The 'Bay"

I was on www.maplin.co.uk on the questions page for gizmondo, and saw this:

Q) What features of the Gizmondo unit are still available and work now that the Gizmondo company has gone into receivership? Their web site comes back as page not available so I am unable to access it. - A.d.Stiff
A) only Gizmondo UK has ceased trading - the parent company based in the US is still trading and all services are still available

Is this true, the bit about Jiz USA still trading?

Fishbong calm down. I always knew you didnt care for DaveC but jeez <_<

He's right: the kid comes on here to troll and flame the 2x. That's a fact.

If he likes the giz so much more, he can stay at his own boards and save his spam. It's pretty much as simple as that IMO.

Nova posted on Apr 29 2006 at 12:27 PM said:
Cheers for the advice mate, I'll see if i can get my hands on one, 'cos, good or bad, it's still a piece of gaming history.

Current high bidder for one on "The 'Bay"

I was on www.maplin.co.uk on the questions page for gizmondo, and saw this:

Q) What features of the Gizmondo unit are still available and work now that the Gizmondo company has gone into receivership? Their web site comes back as page not available so I am unable to access it. - A.d.Stiff
A) only Gizmondo UK has ceased trading - the parent company based in the US is still trading and all services are still available

Is this true, the bit about Jiz USA still trading?

To begin with i think the US company was going to try and go on, but as far as i know they have also given up (maybe wrong though).

The console is worth getting for Sticky Balls and Trailblazer, both great games, that would not look out of place on the PSP.

Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls.

:blink:

What we need is a Gizmondo emulator just for Sticky Balls :D

Actually, I'd doubt a game like SB would use up the full 400Mhz, and since we could emulate at the OS level, rather than the hardware level, it might just be possible :) I'm not going to try though...

Yeah i would guess your right on that score Squidge. It was in development for PSP a while back also, i wonder if a release is on the cards now.

I am sure somebody here could knock up a clone :)

nickspoon posted on Apr 29 2006 at 02:49 PM said:
Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls. Giz. Sticky Balls.

:blink:
I believe Magus had a sig of someone mentioning something about playing sticky balls on your giz. funny stuff though.

The Mole posted on Apr 29 2006 at 11:49 PM said:
Yeah i would guess your right on that score Squidge. It was in development for PSP a while back also, i wonder if a release is on the cards now.
Erm not very likely considering Gizmondo Texas pretty much went under along with Gizmondo Europe, $600,000 debts i think GizPrez said. Though I'm sure if someone offered enough for the IP they probably would, though saying that i'm not 100% Tiger Telematics owns the rights to the IP after they bought them out...

SONY posted on Apr 30 2006 at 12:41 AM said:
*walks in*

Is this thread still going?? :eek:

*walks out*
*calls up*

It stil is.

*hangs up*

I wanted to buy a Giz, but then suddenly the website was gone and I read about that Ferrari Enzo accident on shoutwire :D

Back