Giz Homebrew Taking Off Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha what would you call that system though? Maybe you would develop "hardware" to play retro games and then call it the "re-turd revolution"??? okay that was a really dumb joke, I have to apologize...

yeah, that would be a cool name for it. But would it be a color system or rather a brown-scale system like the gameboy first generation?

xnopasaranx posted on Mar 29 2006 at 07:17 PM said:
hahaha what would you call that system though? Maybe you would develop "hardware" to play retro games and then call it the "re-turd revolution"??? okay that was a really dumb joke, I have to apologize...

ShitStation

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to license it to one of the big 3, so Shitstation is an option, but then it could be Nintenturd, or Poopbox. It will a brown lump with a red d pad and 4 yellow buttons the screen will sit up top the pyramid shaped system.

w00t... can I preorder a test version or maybe a devkit (aka dev-shit) from you, angel? That would be nice... okay, i can see this thread moving into a totally unwelcome direction... :lol:

and 4 yellow buttons
Hey, I didn't have any corn!

Now the thread is gonna get closed, and we won't get to hear any more about speedy Quake on small screens. :(

- Alex

DaveC posted on Mar 29 2006 at 06:58 PM said:
critical posted on Mar 29 2006 at 05:49 PM said:
I just got a couple of cheap Giz's for tinkering with.
Oh no, does this mean the end, or a long delay of the GP2X Amiga emu? I guess you will get better speed on the giz, but man that really sucks for us :(
An even longer delay, do you mean? :) No, I'm not going to jump ship... I've got more than enough that I want to do on the GP2X still. I'm not planning on developing for the Gizmondo in the near future - my purchases were purely because it was a good time to buy. 50 UKP for a brand new handheld console is not to be sniffed at. The console's a nice shape, has good hardware, and I have to admire the ambition of it all. Richard Burns Rally is a great tech demo, but not as playable as it should be for a handheld game. I don't know about any of the other stuff that got released for it yet.

The built-in OS user interface looks slick, but has some awful usability issues, BTW.

Just for kicks, I ran up Pocket UAE, but didn't get beyond it hanging loading Turrican. From the docs, it looks like it has some nice features, and some drawbacks. Maybe someone will hack at it to make it work on the Giz properly, but that won't be me.

I have quite a few ideas for mobile Windows development, but they tend to be more applications than games/emus. More business than pleasure, and definitely not for the Gizmondo.

critical posted on Mar 29 2006 at 06:49 PM said:

Yeah, I've bought a second myself whilst they are available and cheap. I keep putting things off, but I don't know how long I can put off playing with the hardware, and people keep sending me Giz related goodies via email, mail, etc. Not fair!

Squidge posted on Mar 29 2006 at 10:47 PM said:
critical posted on Mar 29 2006 at 06:49 PM said:

Yeah, I've bought a second myself whilst they are available and cheap. I keep putting things off, but I don't know how long I can put off playing with the hardware, and people keep sending me Giz related goodies via email, mail, etc. Not fair!
Don't listen to the voices... there's no harm just downloading a toolchain though...

EDIT: exciting news - gizmondoforums looks to be in meltdown. Maybe someone reported them for crimes against literate communication.

Yup, HMV are flogging them off cheap! (I think it's under £50). Well worth it for a 400Mhz machine with NVidia 3D graphics.

GizmondoForums seems to be under fire due to the files they are hosting. There's a megadrive emulator that'll only play one rom (the rom in embedded inside the exe), so they are probably hosting links to various exe's with different roms included for newbies? I've not checked thoroughly.

Squidge posted on Mar 30 2006 at 09:26 PM said:
GizmondoForums seems to be under fire due to the files they are hosting. There's a megadrive emulator that'll only play one rom (the rom in embedded inside the exe), so they are probably hosting links to various exe's with different roms included for newbies? I've not checked thoroughly.
That, and the fact that someone posted examples from the leaked SDK (sadly without the libs)

Fishbong posted on Mar 29 2006 at 08:42 PM said:
Huxley posted on Mar 28 2006 at 11:24 PM said:
...when it's [...] limited to approved software only.
It´s been cracked, you know.

Cracked as in open for free development? Last I heard Firefly had to sign apps before they're released...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back