Getting A Tattoo But...

saehn posted on Feb 13 2007 at 03:38 AM said:
Don't get a tattoo, one day you'll be 60 and then it'll just look like a massive purple-camouflage liver spot. :D

I love it when people go on about tattoos and say 'you'll regret it when your older' ! I have 2 and dont regret them whatever and wont in the future.

I mean its okay for people to eat crap, take drugs, have loads of alcohol to screw up their body, smoke, but the minute someone has a tattoo its 'ohhh no you'll regret that in the future' ! I would rather have something on the outside like a tattoo then have my insides all messed up because of too much drink/food/drugs etc

Last edited by a moderator:
psj3809 posted on Feb 14 2007 at 11:06 AM said:
Don't get a tattoo, one day you'll be 60 and then it'll just look like a massive purple-camouflage liver spot. :D

I love it when people go on about tattoos and say 'you'll regret it when your older' ! I have 2 and dont regret them whatever and wont in the future.

I mean its okay for people to eat crap, take drugs, have loads of alcohol to screw up their body, smoke, but the minute someone has a tattoo its 'ohhh no you'll regret that in the future' ! I would rather have something on the outside like a tattoo then have my insides all messed up because of too much drink/food/drugs etc

You've got a point there. There is so much in life you'll possibly regret when your older. Could even be a girl you where in love with. So allot of stuff. But a I wouldn´t get a tattoo if I hadn´t thought about it really good. And I don´t think much other people get a tattoo otherwise.

psj3809 posted on Feb 14 2007 at 05:06 AM said:

Wow, you (1) took a smiley-laced jest too seriously and (2) you argued against things I never said anyway. I didn't say it's OK to drink too much alcohol, smoke, take harmful drugs, or eat crap. I don't advocate any of those things. My personal preference is to generally do none of those things and to not have tattoos. You should have read over my other posts (elucidating my position) instead of reacting to just one comedic message.

False dichotomy and a strawman! Two logical fallacies in one paragraph. :)

psj3809 posted on Feb 14 2007 at 01:06 PM said:
I would rather have something on the outside like a tattoo then have my insides all messed up because of too much drink/food/drugs etc

I'd rather have both...

Is it? Is it really OK for people to ingest human feces?

TelcoLou posted on Feb 14 2007 at 11:51 PM said:

No, not even their own

TelcoLou posted on Feb 14 2007 at 11:51 PM said:

Ask Veronica Moser.

B.O.T.

Tattoos are more mainstream today; i.e.

... I was flicking thru some channels late last night, and saw some dumb show on MTV, or one of its spin-off networks, called 'tattoo stories'. They were interviewing some band, and this one guy said ":lol: I lost all my money gambling, and then this dude, he bet me $500 to get this dumb-looking tattoo, and I was all like, yeah man ... then, this other guy said, oooo, I'll give you $400 to get a tat of the worst band ... done!"

I'm constantly reminded that we're living in the end of days ....

saehn posted on Feb 14 2007 at 01:48 PM said:

Wow, you (1) took a smiley-laced jest too seriously and (2) you argued against things I never said anyway. I didn't say it's OK to drink too much alcohol, smoke, take harmful drugs, or eat crap. I don't advocate any of those things. My personal preference is to generally do none of those things and to not have tattoos. You should have read over my other posts (elucidating my position) instead of reacting to just one comedic message.

False dichotomy and a strawman! Two logical fallacies in one paragraph. :)

Wasnt having a dig at you really or your comment, just your jokey comment reminds me of so many things i hear people say about tattoos.

Reminds me of that sketch in the film Trainspotting where Begsbie moans about drugs and says 'you'll never see me put any of that sh*t in my body' as hes sat there smoking his 30th moron and having his 10th pint !

I still think in years to come there will be some sort of machine to easily get rid of tattoos anyway so i'm not too fussed. The 'old skool' tattoos become big blue blobs but i think the ones nowadays are quite a bit different. I actually liked seeing the popularity in tattoos rise, in the old days you were either a sailor (!) or were regarded as a bit of a freak if you had any tattoos.

I would love the whole of my arms to be covered like bands such as Blink 182 or others but i think thats a bit too OTT for me

psj3809 posted on Feb 15 2007 at 05:07 AM said:
Wasnt having a dig at you really or your comment, just your jokey comment reminds me of so many things i hear people say about tattoos.

Reminds me of that sketch in the film Trainspotting where Begsbie moans about drugs and says 'you'll never see me put any of that sh*t in my body' as hes sat there smoking his 30th moron and having his 10th pint !

I still think in years to come there will be some sort of machine to easily get rid of tattoos anyway so i'm not too fussed. The 'old skool' tattoos become big blue blobs but i think the ones nowadays are quite a bit different. I actually liked seeing the popularity in tattoos rise, in the old days you were either a sailor (!) or were regarded as a bit of a freak if you had any tattoos.

I would love the whole of my arms to be covered like bands such as Blink 182 or others but i think thats a bit too OTT for me

Yeah, that would be awesome... that or some kind of semi-permanent tattoo. I think remember reading about an ink that would become invisible when exposed to a certain type of light. "EZ-erase Tattoos", anyone?

Woo, Blink!

Travis Barker (Ex drummer for Blink-182, The Aquabats, Present Drummer for +44) has a shitload of tattoos all over his body, basically he says he got them because he is so into his music, he could never now be employed into a "normal" job, because he looks so different, so he has to concentrate on his music.

Nova posted on Feb 15 2007 at 04:33 PM said:
Woo, Blink!

Travis Barker (Ex drummer for Blink-182, The Aquabats, Present Drummer for +44) has a shitload of tattoos all over his body, basically he says he got them because he is so into his music, he could never now be employed into a "normal" job, because he looks so different, so he has to concentrate on his music.

He doesn't have to work anymore anyway. This guy has money enough.

Back