Getting A Tattoo But...

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Website
Visit site
Yes, I'm getting a tattoo. It's gonna be a tribal with a Kanji symbol at the top, but a woman I met London said the symbol didn't mean what I thought it ment (and the site says) But she said there where some design differences. Now she's from China, but the symbol is Kanji. I don't know the differences between those symbols, but can anyone here confirm the picture below means what it says?

dignity.jpg

I found two sites which say it means this. The picture above is taken from one of the sites, the other site was www.bullseyetattoos.com

Thanks!!

Why not just tattoo the actual word "dignity" onto your back? It's basically the same.
As a matter of fact, I really think kanji and tribals are very much overdone past the point of nausea. But on the other hand it's your choice and I don't have to look at you :D

As for your question: Kanji is Kanji. It's the same in the Japanese language as well as in the Chinese language.

Mosch posted on Feb 11 2007 at 11:22 PM said:
Why not just tattoo the actual word "dignity" onto your back? It's basically the same.

Cause Kanji gives you the possibility to use one or two symbols for a whole word. Plus, I really like those symbols. It does something to me. Also, if I get the chance to live/work in Japan or China, I'm taking the next flight. But that's my strange wish I hope to become reality some day :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not quite sure how the Japanese would take to "gaijin" tattooing random words on themselves...

But then again, the Japanese do the same thing with random English words (more often on t-shirts than tattoos, but still :lol: )

Nice to get so many replies, but does anyone here has an awnser to my question? I'm making an appointment next Saturday, and I really don't want to end up with a Kanji which doesn't mean what I think.

Thanks!

Actually, Mosch answered your question

Mosch posted on Feb 11 2007 at 10:22 PM said:
As a matter of fact, I really think kanji and tribals are very much overdone past the point of nausea. But on the other hand it's your choice and I don't have to look at you :D

As for your question: Kanji is Kanji. It's the same in the Japanese language as well as in the Chinese language.

So if the woman told you that the tattoo design was wrong, then I'd listen to her.

Are you yourself Chinese or Japanese? If not, I don't think it's too wise to get permanently scarred with a word etched in your skin in a non-native language.

... and I am heavily tattooed. :ph34r:

TelcoLou posted on Feb 13 2007 at 12:59 AM said:
Are you yourself Chinese or Japanese? If not, I don't think it's too wise to get permanently scarred with a word etched in your skin in a non-native language.

... and I am heavily tattooed. :ph34r:

if you have a crass tattoo im not going to be impressed.

I was gonna get my brow peirced once, but realised two things.

1) I'm not a fag
2) It leaves a big scar, eww scars! (umm, does point one still count?)

Back