Getting A Tattoo But...

sensible GP32 posted on Feb 12 2007 at 08:00 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 13 2007 at 12:59 AM said:
Are you yourself Chinese or Japanese? If not, I don't think it's too wise to get permanently scarred with a word etched in your skin in a non-native language.

... and I am heavily tattooed. :ph34r:

if you have a crass tattoo im not going to be impressed.

* checks *

Nope, no tattoos of any bands (well, one of the bands I was in when I was a kid, but that doesn't count ;))

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 12 2007 at 08:03 PM said:
Telco, what do you have tattoos of?

Left forearm and continued on left upper-arm: A Giger-inspired design; arm torn open, revealing bio-mechanincal workings underneath.
Left inner-arm: A stylized Ying & Yang design depicting a female water-god battling a male fire-god.
Right forearm: Asmodeus' daughter (From the original Advanced Dungeons & Dragons world) ... major geek respect for anyone who knows who she is :)
Right upper arm: A very old man, with pupils so wide, they fill his eyes. (represents wisdom)
Right Inner-arm: Skeleton with mohawk, and the name of my old band (very first piece, kinda scratchy but nice)

Don't get a tattoo, one day you'll be 60 and then it'll just look like a massive purple-camouflage liver spot. :D

Just think of all the girls with tramp stamps a.k.a. targets above their asses. Hot now, but how will it look when it's droopy and pitted with cellulite? ;)

Now, temporary tattoos? Lasting two to five years? Awesome. Invent this, someone.

saehn posted on Feb 12 2007 at 10:38 PM said:
Don't get a tattoo, one day you'll be 60 and then it'll just look like a massive purple-camouflage liver spot.

I refute your statement:

jwql6.png

That's Johnny Winters. He's 67. Those are some well cared for tattoos. :p

... but yes, I understand what you meant. Most folks don't take very good care of these permanent works of art and they fade after exposure to the sun. Something else to consider if you're going to get one (or several) ... Stay the FUCK out of the sun, people!! It's bad for you with, or without tattoos!

Get something written in mayan, Chinese tattoo's are so yester-year!

Nova posted on Feb 13 2007 at 02:05 AM said:
I was gonna get my brow peirced once, but realised two things.

1) I'm not a fag
2) It leaves a big scar, eww scars! (umm, does point one still count?)

1) Me Neither but I had one for 2 months
2) It left a massive bump on my forehead, but it you don't see anything of it now.

I got stuck in someones coat during a fight... And believe me that hurts pretty badly...

About the why do I want a Chinese symbol: Why not? You have something from Dungeons and Dragons, so I don't see the point to be honest :lol: It doesn't need that much space to say so much. It's pretty handy if you ask me...

TelcoLou posted on Feb 13 2007 at 02:45 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 12 2007 at 08:03 PM said:
Telco, what do you have tattoos of?

Left forearm and continued on left upper-arm: A Giger-inspired design; arm torn open, revealing bio-mechanincal workings underneath.
Left inner-arm: A stylized Ying & Yang design depicting a female water-god battling a male fire-god.
Right forearm: Asmodeus' daughter (From the original Advanced Dungeons & Dragons world) ... major geek respect for anyone who knows who she is :)
Right upper arm: A very old man, with pupils so wide, they fill his eyes. (represents wisdom)
Right Inner-arm: Skeleton with mohawk, and the name of my old band (very first piece, kinda scratchy but nice)
That sounds cool. Scans please!

TelcoLou posted on Feb 12 2007 at 11:26 PM said:
... but yes, I understand what you meant. Most folks don't take very good care of these permanent works of art and they fade after exposure to the sun. Something else to consider if you're going to get one (or several) ... Stay the FUCK out of the sun, people!! It's bad for you with, or without tattoos!

I hear ya. I actually do like tattoos, i just don't like their permanence. I've seen some rather comely suicide-girl types who are suited quite well by tattoos.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 13 2007 at 09:38 AM said:
Just think of all the girls with tramp stamps a.k.a. targets above their asses
I LOVE these! SOOO hot

/dirty

This is the craziest thing I've seen all day. But, the day is new. Perhaps there will be more things.

trampstamp.jpg

saehn posted on Feb 13 2007 at 09:55 AM said:
I LOVE these! SOOO hot

/dirty

This is the craziest thing I've seen all day. But, the day is new. Perhaps there will be more things.

trampstamp.jpg
eww thats not hot. i wouldnt be turned on whist screwing that ass if I had to read that shit LOL

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 13 2007 at 04:08 PM said:
I LOVE these! SOOO hot

/dirty

trampstamp.jpg
eww thats not hot. i wouldnt be turned on whist screwing that ass if I had to read that shit LOL
Thats not a problem, as you will never have to worry about screwing anything. Well, accept some random dude.

sam fisher posted on Feb 13 2007 at 11:11 AM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 13 2007 at 04:08 PM said:
I LOVE these! SOOO hot

/dirty

trampstamp.jpg
Thats not a problem, as you will never have to worry about screwing anything. Well, accept some random dude.
...coming from a kid who claims he's really 2 times more intelligent than he appears to be. That's saying much.

So NoidZ, have we helped you, one way or the other, with your decision?

... and no pics, you gang of stalkers :angry: !

TelcoLou posted on Feb 13 2007 at 10:02 PM said:
So NoidZ, have we helped you, one way or the other, with your decision?

... and no pics, you gang of stalkers :angry: !

Not really, no :lol:

All I wanted to know if the symbols says the picture says it does. That was all. I still really like the design of it, even though I made it myself B)

But I'm going to ask my Chinese friend for some advice again. The time difference is extremely ankward, but I'm sure I'll find out with her.

Even though the most of you don't like the idea, it still was very interesting how people here thought about tattoo's though.

Any usefull reply is also welcome ;)

Thanks guys (and WarmFluffyUK ofcourse)!!

EDIT: http://www.bullseyetattoos.com/tattoos/Kan...ji_DignityHonor
If this isn't the right symbol, this site sells crap!

Back