Newbie Mame Help

pete1061

Still Fresh
So, I downloaded the mame emulator, found some roms, put them in the roms folder.
But mame says it can't find any games.

Any suggestions on getting mame properly installed? Does it have to be in a specific place on the SD card? can the roms be in sub folders in the roms folder? Can I use any mame roms I find out there? or do they need to be converted or something?

the wiz wiki site (www.gp2xwiz.co.uk) is down, apparently their hosting is suspended for non payment.
Are there any other sites out there with wiki type info?

look into the download section of http://gp2xwiz.funurl.com/ ... there's a nice mame4all pack ...

Be sure you DO NOT unzip the files into the rom folder. You should put zipped files in there.
Check the gamelist.txt - it tells you which games are supported - not all mame games can be run. Check the name of the zip archive next to the game name to be sure you have the right thing.
The games should not be in subfolders of the rom folder. Just zip files.

Mr.TwisT said:
Be sure you DO NOT unzip the files into the rom folder. You should put zipped files in there.
Check the gamelist.txt - it tells you which games are supported - not all mame games can be run. Check the name of the zip archive next to the game name to be sure you have the right thing.
The games should not be in subfolders of the rom folder. Just zip files.

Thanks, that worked perfectly.
Now it's just an issue of fine-tuning individual games :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back