Genesis 32x

Nightflier

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Is there an emulator that supports the 32x games or will be soon?

(couldn't put a search on "32x", so please give a link to the thread if allready discussed.)

They way I always understood it was that the 32x timing was based on the CPU timing of the processor int he Genesis/Megadrive. Therefore you have to have the megadrive (especially the CPU core) emualted perfectly, and then the 32x gets emulated off of that. So you need to emulate the megadrive AND the 32x all at the same time, and you need, I believe, at least 1ghz to emulate it. Not gonna happen anytime soon. :(

reaper79 posted on Jul 2 2005 at 02:29 PM said:
They way I always understood it was that the 32x timing was based on the CPU timing of the processor int he Genesis/Megadrive. Therefore you have to have the megadrive (especially the CPU core) emualted perfectly, and then the 32x gets emulated off of that. So you need to emulate the megadrive AND the 32x all at the same time, and you need, I believe, at least 1ghz to emulate it. Not gonna happen anytime soon. :(

:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather have Sega CD (mmm...Lunar). But I know thats really impossible. Perhaps for PSP or Ninja or GP64 or something.

To do this the GP32 would have to emulate both 16-bit and 32-bit hardware while having spare RAM for the ROMs. Considering the GP32 is 32-bit itself and only has 8MB of RAM, this is not possible.

let's not forget the size of the games as well. We would need 1gb sd cards to store them and the idea of playing mega cd games without sound is unbearable :(

Jaw posted on Jul 3 2005 at 09:37 AM said:
playing half of the mega cd games without sound is pointless, because they are mostly rehashes of the old games with just new background music.

apart from sonic cd (which was brilliant) and ecco cd, which other games were rehashed megadrive games?

Mickey Mania. Had great music on MDCD. :) I think many of the non-rehashes were FMV-based adventures... Or otherwise heavy on FMV.

What was that game about a female dormitory being attacked by ninja's?

there was loads of great mega cd non fmv games around, such as final fight cd, silpheed, switch, popful mail and keio's flying squadron. There was a few good shooters such as bari-arm.

Jarska333 posted on Jul 3 2005 at 10:48 AM said:
Mickey Mania. Had great music on MDCD. :) I think many of the non-rehashes were FMV-based adventures... Or otherwise heavy on FMV.

What was that game about a female dormitory being attacked by ninja's?

night trap :) and they ain't ninjas, they are 'high tech vampires' :)

Back