32x Emulator

gojetsgo

Still Fresh
I looked around but couldn't find any sort of 32X emulator in the works for the gp2x. While the 32X itself kind of sucked, an emulator for it would be great since there are alot of great games available for it including excellent arcade ports:

Mortal Kombat 2
Space Harrier
Star Wars Arcade
Virtua Racing Deluxe
Doom
Virtua Fighter

It seems this kind of emulator would be quite possible on the gp2x.

Any thoughts?

"a lot" of great games might be a stretch.
but if you've never played shadow squadron on the 32x, you're missing out--I noticed it didn't make the list.

I think it's very possible to emulate it with the 2x, though. Fullspeed? who knows. But the 32x wasn't anything all that special. I'm just not sure anybody would bother for the number of good games available for it. ...the number of good games, in my opinion, is only two.

True, maybe its not quite worth it. As long as so much work is required to get all of the other great emulators running smoothly, no one will try the 32x. Possibly in a year or two when we are looking for new things to emulate...

I'm just looking for a way to play virtua racing on the gp2x - apparently emulating the genesis version is unlikely due to the on-cartridge hardware.

As far as Shadow Squadron... haven't played it... I will try it now that you mention it though.

Paradox posted on Feb 10 2006 at 12:40 PM said:
be good if DRmd supported mega CD and 32x
I wouldn't hold your breath for 32x emulation, but mega CD wouldn't be out of the question.

gojetsgo posted on Deb 10 2006 at 07:41 AM said:
apparently emulating the genesis version is unlikely due to the on-cartridge hardware.
The cart had something like an SH1 on it.
The 32x had two SH2's.

Not happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah best bet is definitly an addon to Reesy's DRMD....
Just speculation here, but we haven't heard a long tome from Reesy, so maybe he is preparing just this for the Gbax competition? At least that would be really cool.

Actually, I do remember him mentioning that he was considering adding Sega CD to DrMDx since the 2X was more powerful than the GP32, but it was still iffy as to whether it would be playable or not.

Also, you forgot to mention Kolibri, arguably the finest hummingbird-based shooter available for the 32X.

Julius posted on Feb 10 2006 at 09:42 AM said:
Yeah best bet is definitly an addon to Reesy's DRMD....
Just speculation here, but we haven't heard a long tome from Reesy, so maybe he is preparing just this for the Gbax competition? At least that would be really cool.

I talked to Craigix about if He thought Reesy would add either 32X or CD support to DrMDx, and he responded that 32X wasn't going to happen because it was too complicated. But he said that Reesy might do Sega CD. (Mega CD for all of you Europeans ;P)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back