- 32X PWM sound chip
- 32X stuffs as FIFO/DMA ...
- 1 M68000 running at 7.67 Mhz
- 1 Z80 running at 3.58 Mhz
- Genesis VDP
- YM2612 sound chip
- PSG sound chip

:blink:
Christ! I never new the hardware was so nice....and yet somehow produced shit! LOL. i guess in the future when people run out of projects, they could give a MegaCD aemu a go, but is it worth it? What decent games did it have anyway? I'm interested to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 32x isn't going to be emulated on the GP32. The Megadrive fullspeed alone "should be possible" which means it's going to be tight. The extra ram inside the 32x unit would detract from the GP32 available ram, leaving no room for rom storage. And the roms are going to be way bigger anyway meaning you probably wouldn't be able to even store them in the GP32's ram anyway.

MegaCD emulation. Unlikely. Any game bigger than 128meg can be dismissed immediately. And encoding the data to mp3 (I think that was what you were getting at) won't work. Mp3 strips out inaudible data. The data tracks on a MegaCD aren't even audible anyway (play one in an audio cd player - track one (where all the data is probably stored) won't play, and may cause your cd player to blow up (or skip to track two :D ).

Besides, it's too small a game library to code for. Anyone coding an Archimedes emulator? Precisely.

It is not just the size of the ISO that is the problem with the MegaCD emulation, it actually had a second 68000 processor (at 12MHz if I remember correctly) that ran concurrently with the Megadrive CPU as well as more adding more memory.

The reason that there are a lot of people calling things HE recently is that they are probably Spanish.

carlgeorge posted on Apr 21 2004 at 08:43 AM said:
It is not just the size of the ISO that is the problem with the MegaCD emulation, it actually had a second 68000 processor (at 12MHz if I remember correctly) that ran concurrently with the Megadrive CPU as well as more adding more memory.

The reason that there are a lot of people calling things HE recently is that they are probably Spanish.
That's that then. there's no way we can emulate two 68000's.

MOZ: Maybe, but the NGCD also had a z80 I think, you'd need decent arm cores for both. Even then you are talking one game per SMC. The DC has just got a NGCD emu, I have not tested it yet though.

Wow this topic is getting alot....more posts. And i'm not some spanish dude...unless I think I am o_O;

Anyway, like I said before, space can be reduced if you don't include music files. There are some games that are lower than 50mb and they were with music. Sonic CD on the other hand...since the iso with the music files are like 100mb(not even :p), it would be pointless because emulation speeds will decrease. Although without music it will have better speeds I think. I would like to see 32X emulated though.....but all of you guys are so advanced at this stuff so you'll probably rub it in my face <_<

Memnoch posted on Apr 21 2004 at 06:29 AM said:
I recall my brother having some kind of mech game on the 32x which looked good. I had a Panasonic 3DO at the time which also flopped. Ah well ...
It's called Metalhead, and yeah it looks good, but it plays like a guitar made out of jelly.

Back