General Forum Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

renegadechic

i honestly cannot see any reason for keeping this subforum open at the moment. virtually nothing that has been posted in here of value couldnt have been posted in the dev threads for things like mupen64, and all there has been in the last couple of weeks has been destructive and meaningless debate over almost nothing at all. id rather see an end to this until it is over and see the really important forums i.e. the dev forum and beta testing forums be used constructively and also ruthlessly moderated to keep them from becoming similar to this mess.

im completely anti censorship, i really am but i and i am sure many others are sick to death of all this nonsense. people just endlessly air their grievances and club together to gang up on pretty much a single individual, that being craig, and he reacts and its not good. this is not what this forum was for and to me, my interpretation of its constant abuse makes me wish to shut it down for the next few weeks. stick to the news, stick to pandora press. perhaps we could even arrange an official Q&A where we collect queries for a day and then pass them on or something. anything to get away from this which is killing the project for everyone. i dont think the first batch griefers really realise the damage they are causing ultimately to themselves. at this rate they may as well get a refund if they intend to remove the community the way they are.

im expecting a lot of disagreement here but does anyone have a remotely better idea other than an unfair mass censorship of individuals? down with meaningless noise and pointless destructive speculation and personal attacks

Great idea. But:

You need to be able to post topics, but a mod has to review it first until it shows up. Messing a topic up is a: warning for you, if you do it again 1 day ban for you, if you do it another time 2 days ban, another time 3 day ban etc.

The ban has to be pandora forums only

rabidpoobear said:
You want to censor everyone?

... what's your order number?
That's not funny. What's your order number?

(just kidding, it's totally funny)

Last edited by a moderator:
RenegadeChic said:
i honestly cannot see any reason for keeping this subforum open at the moment. virtually nothing that has been posted in here of value couldnt have been posted in the dev threads for things like mupen64, and all there has been in the last couple of weeks has been destructive and meaningless debate over almost nothing at all. id rather see an end to this until it is over and see the really important forums i.e. the dev forum and beta testing forums be used constructively and also ruthlessly moderated to keep them from becoming similar to this mess.

im completely anti censorship, i really am but i and i am sure many others are sick to death of all this nonsense. people just endlessly air their grievances and club together to gang up on pretty much a single individual, that being craig, and he reacts and its not good. this is not what this forum was for and to me, my interpretation of its constant abuse makes me wish to shut it down for the next few weeks. stick to the news, stick to pandora press. perhaps we could even arrange an official Q&A where we collect queries for a day and then pass them on or something. anything to get away from this which is killing the project for everyone. i dont think the first batch griefers really realise the damage they are causing ultimately to themselves. at this rate they may as well get a refund if they intend to remove the community the way they are.

im expecting a lot of disagreement here but does anyone have a remotely better idea other than an unfair mass censorship of individuals? down with meaningless noise and pointless destructive speculation and personal attacks

I know what you mean. I hadn't read the overclocking topic until after everything exploded, and frankly, I'm getting tired of the endless topics that mods are having to lock that are all about those problems. However, I still wish the GenD to continue.

I think it's time for the mods to show a little tough love. Maybe start locking topics on this issue quicker, and threatening temporary bans for people who try to push the issue. I think this is the only way at the moment to solve things in GenD. Because right now, most of the people who are continuing these arguments are so riled up that even if the other side does what they keep asking them to do, they'll probably find something else to complain about.

-God Ginrai

its no sense to review all posts (think how much effort it would take from mods)
instead i would change behaviour rules to tighten up things
if you troll, ill ask for order number,
if you swear ill ask for your order number,
if you ask when will it be ready ill ask for your order number

or instead maybe more warnings and more bans

craigix said:
You should not take the forum this seriously. It's just like a bunch of drunk people in a pub.
You're insulting the forum? What's your order number?

God Ginrai said:
Kyosys said:
As long as no one starts something again.

Like that hasn't happened before. Remember the keyboard discussions?

-God Ginrai
We will all have to be extra careful then ;)

I think this is mostly resolved though. There's nothing to be said that hasn't already been said. I don't think Craig and I will ever get along.

craigix said:
You should not take the forum this seriously. It's just like a bunch of drunk people in a pub.

Craig, it's not that we take the forum seriously, it's that we can't enjoy it if it's filled with topics of people accusing each other. I'm getting tired of seeing people complain about everyone involved.

-God Ginrai

Mithrildor said:
craigix said:

Wasnt this forum supposed to be useful?

Dont feed the trolls craig.

To tell you the truth, the General Discussion forums don't have to be useful. That's the point. It just has to be related. The problem is, if it isn't enjoyable, then what's the point of posting or reading a forum?

-God Ginrai

craigix said:

Haha, this is exactly how I see it too.

I'm starting to like this craigix. Seems like a cool guy

to elaborate on why your idea is bad:

• this forum offers an easy way for customers and those interested to get in touch with the OpenPandora team
  • this forum is the only place for Pandora discussion
  • this forum is 4 corner simultaneous 4 day time cube
  • this forum allows easy discussion of software development, announcement of projects, and discussion of capabilities for the Pandora
  • this forum allows potential OP customers to get answers to their questions
  • this forum is the only easy method, other than Twitter and the official blog, for the team to post updates, and it's not really worth updating the blog over minor things
  • this forum allows people to give feedback to devs and the OP team
  • you are Educated Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back